Anyone do 2-step yet?

jFritzies

I’m building a turbo 2.2 with forged internals and all that good stuff ect. I’ve seen a few videos of 2 stepped ss cobalts on YouTube but haven’t seen any goblins yet. If it’s not a difficult endeavor I’m attempted to setup mine for 2 step. Just purely for the sound and reactions:p. Anyone on here looked into it / tried to setup 2 step?

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I put a WOTBox on a couple months ago. 2.2 LAP with M62 supercharger. Its so much fun lmao. Super easy install

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Read the stupidity in the Cobalt forum about the 2 step, but the point made is if you have a turbo or supercharger in a Goblin making big boost off the line in 1st gear will do nothing but spin your tires every time. Feathering the clutch will do nothing but burn it up. The Goblin is so light that doing this will do nothing productive for a fast start except make a good smoke show of your tires. But hey, you do what you want. :rolleyes:

jFritzies

Read the stupidity in the Cobalt forum about the 2 step, but the point made is if you have a turbo or supercharger in a Goblin making big boost off the line in 1st gear will do nothing but spin your tires every time. Feathering the clutch will do nothing but burn it up. The Goblin is so light that doing this will do nothing productive for a fast start except make a good smoke show of your tires. But hey, you do what you want. :rolleyes:
Yeah I understand that. Was mostly looking into it just for the fun of the sound and thought it was interesting

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Yeah I understand that. Was mostly looking into it just for the fun of the sound and thought it was interesting
Exactly why I got it lol. Its a fun party trick. I'll hit the two step when a little kid waves. Always get a big smile haha

Do you have a link to it?

jFritzies

Exactly why I got it lol. Its a fun party trick. I'll hit the two step when a little kid waves. Always get a big smile haha

Definitely getting this! Thanks for the link

Dale E

So, what's the point of the two step except to spend money for a gadget? Some Cobalts have a no lift shift feature built in correct? Old school spark plug in the tail pipe could blow some nice flames! An old time gas fired VW heater spark/fuel motor and you can provide spark and an injection of fuel if you want.

I just don't get the cool factor of this product!!

Scott #321

So, what's the point of the two step except to spend money for a gadget? Some Cobalts have a no lift shift feature built in correct? Old school spark plug in the tail pipe could blow some nice flames! An old time gas fired VW heater spark/fuel motor and you can provide spark and an injection of fuel if you want.

I just don't get the cool factor of this product!!
I believe only the LNF cobalt's have no lift shifting but I am not positive about LSJ models. I would probably but this if I was building a 2.2 2.5 and changing to forced induction for that feature alone.
Haven't seen the old spark plug in the exhaust for years but it has me wondering how well it would even work with modern fuel injection without adding fuel to the exhaust.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure about the 2.2 but for the LSJ you can set a different rev limiter for park/neutral and in-gear.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I thought the entire purpose of a two step was adjustable rev limiting so you could set it just enough to not spin the tires? Based on the comments here I’m guessing that’s not the case?

I’ve always wanted to have “launch control” and apparently it’s possible, if not easy on aftermarket ECU like Holley. You can program “while clutch is depressed and vehicle speed <5mph, limit rpm to X value.”

Id love a feature like that.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
That's essentially what the WOTBox I put on does. Detects clutch and gas pedal position along with RPM. You set a desired RPM in the software and flash it to the WOTBox. Then to trigger it you fully press the clutch all they way in and then do the same with the gas. You have to stomp on the gas when you do it though. It needs to "see" you do it quick, otherwise it would be going off when you don't want it to (potentially) while driving. This doesn't take into effect speed, so you can do it rolling too. Let off the clutch a bit (also configurable) and boom 100% throttle from launch.

Interested to see what it does to my 60ft when I take it to the strip again. Right now I have it setup for 3K for fun noises lol.

cat5porting

A wot box or more capable stand alone is how to get your ecotec to 2-step, but an commonly overlooked addition is hardened oil pump gears.
the factory gears can shatter from the address stress and “ratcheting” that the gears can see while on 2-step and cause a sudden loss of oil pressure.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
A wot box or more capable stand alone is how to get your ecotec to 2-step, but an commonly overlooked addition is hardened oil pump gears.
the factory gears can shatter from the address stress and “ratcheting” that the gears can see while on 2-step and cause a sudden loss of oil pressure.
Any recommendations on gears we could get nowadays?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
He has them on his web store