Body Hits the Clutch

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Guys, what do we do about this? The body hits the clutch switch and can't be lowered into position for mounting at the dash. I hate to cut a hole in it.

DSCN1120.JPG
DSCN1121.JPG

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
My switch, plug and top of the bracket all touch the body. I had bent my clutch bracket to help get the clutch pedal arm away from the steering shaft which may have moved the top closer to the center of the hood allowing it to fit.

I also had to clearance my clutch arm to clear the steering shaft.

I believe the top clutch switch it used to cancel cruise control when you push the clutch.

I removed my switch from the top of my clutch pedal this morning and can't find anything different with how it starts and drives.

I'm fairly confident you can remove the upper clutch switch and then remove enough of the top portion of your pedal and switch bracket to clear the hood.

If we decide to reinstall the upper clutch switch later we will have to make a bracket that relocates the switch.

DanPerryy

I don't know if this will help - my car is an automatic, but I raised the front of my hood up and forward about 1 inch by sandwiching the hood and the mounting plate from DF. I did it so I had some extra room for my AC condensing coil.
Room for condenser.jpg
Raise Hood (1).jpg