Brake Switch Mount

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The brake switch mount "nut" broke a tooth clip off and now the brake switch will not stay in position. I was going to order a new one but the photo on RockAuto doesn't show the plastic "nut" that it screws into. I hate to order it up and pay for shipping just to find out that it doesn't come with it. I don't suppose anyone else has every had to replace it and knows if it does come with the nut.

Capture.PNG

SliderR1

I was a buffoon and dropped by brake assembly and damaged both of those switches. I had the same concerns about the rock auto picture, so I found them on ebay...

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Where does this switch go? I don't recognize it. I have what looks like a brake position sensor similar to the clutch and throttle, but I don't think the brake sensor looks like that. Hope I'm not missing something.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
image.jpeg
This is found in a manual transmission vehicle. You may not have this style.

By the way, sometimes the easiest thing to do is the easy thing. I stopped by the local dealer and he had it for $1.02.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Thanks, Paul. Yeah, I definitely don't remember coming across anything like that. That's just asking to be broken. :)