Breake Rotor set screw and cocentric spacer

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Hi Forum,

I noticed when I worked on my rear axle that the wheel hubs have no hole/thread for the liittle counter sunk screw to secure the break rotor. I guess that's normal?

Another question: The outside diameter of the hub is a little bit smaller than the inside diameter of the rotor. Is there usually a spacer which makes sure the rotor sits concentric with the hub?

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Thanks! The rings say they are for the front. I emailed DF as I need them for the rear. Have not yet heard back.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
The FRONT brakes on a Cobalt are the REAR brakes on a Goblin....
Therefore, IF these rings are a Cobalt application for the FRONT rotors, they go on the REAR of a Goblin...

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Yes, IF. But the store doesn't specific say that this is for a goblin front or cobalt front. It just says front. Since the majority of the buyer of the shop seems to be goblin owner, I think they are for the front of the goblin. I wonder if front and back spacers would be the same diameters. But IF why mention that they are for the front?

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Got my delivery from DF with the centering rings. Please see this video of the rear breaks on my Goblin. The Center rings are to small. They have the same outside diameter as the hub.

I pulled the front wheel and checked that as well, same thing. Center rings do not fit.