Custom Wraps

Ross

Goblin Guru
I am wanting graphic design students to design a wrap for my Goblin, and I need some measurements of the body panels (Since I don't have Stage 3 yet).
What is the dimensions of A,B,C,D & E?
Is any of my other measurements wrong? (I was guessing on most of these)
What is the dimensions of the overlap between the side panels and the fiberglass hood?
View attachment 8328
Bump

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
B,C,D, and E are all about 12".

A is different than drawn. A, if measured from the rear-most area to where it starts to curve over the wheel is about 23". Then you have a 14" wide opening for the a-arms. The distance from the bottom of the side of A to the wheel opening it about 5". These are all aprox measurements and I would not use them to create a working cut-out. But for creating a design, it should get you close. We left ours all black on the transition from the hood to the side panels so we didn't have to worry about alignment.

Ross

Goblin Guru
B,C,D, and E are all about 12".

A is different than drawn. A, if measured from the rear-most area to where it starts to curve over the wheel is about 23". Then you have a 14" wide opening for the a-arms. The distance from the bottom of the side of A to the wheel opening it about 5". These are all aprox measurements and I would not use them to create a working cut-out. But for creating a design, it should get you close. We left ours all black on the transition from the hood to the side panels so we didn't have to worry about alignment.

View attachment 8347
Thanks Chad!

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I told him I feel like I need a box of Crayons. And keep the Crayons and markers out of the kids hands while in the garage:oops: It does look good I like when the car says " Look at me!"

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I just did a crappy photoshop of what @ctuinstra's
would look like on my black frame, but with red instead of orange. I looooooove it. I originally planned on wrapping mine a solid color, but this has me thinking....

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I just ordered one of racinggraphics off the shelf designs. I’m in the middle of modifying my current nosecone so this will be temporary as I’m also designing a new one with front wing. If it all goes well I’ll order a custom wrap for the next one.

Pizzaman

Our previous build had a custom wrap from https://www.racinggraphics.com. I'm not affiliated with them, just had a good experience. When I was getting quotes from local sign and wrap companies, I was seeing quotes from $900-$1200! I understand they will do a better job and install it and everything, but I was getting horrible service from them. One waited two months to even get back with me and want to start the design!!! So I decided to see if I can do it myself. I have experience putting on window tint and large vinyl signs in the past and this was more difficult, but with the right tools, help, and knowledge, it's very doable!

The new design is much like the old but changing a few things on the side to make it blend better. I'll post photos once we have it installed.

But man is it hard to beat this price!! This doesn't show the $25 upfront cost to start the custom design.

View attachment 7774

View attachment 7775
Thx

askiles

Goblin Guru
How much are people paying to have their hood and side panels wrapped by someone? I just got a quote of $2,800 which seems crazy. LOL

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
How much are people paying to have their hood and side panels wrapped by someone? I just got a quote of $2,800 which seems crazy. LOL
That is insulting I would never step foot in that location. I had my hood professionally painted with a custom goblin logo embedded for $600. On average I am seeing vinyl between $400-1000 for the entire car excluding the rear engine cover.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Well. I told the guy I wouldn't tell but I paid 150 for him to wrap the hood. Cash. I did the sides inside and out myself. Keep in mine I brought my wrap to him to use.