Donor Car SC, or Turbo

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey guys!

I am looking for a donor car to start my build process. I am out of Raleigh North Carolina and pretty excited about the Goblin and the small tight nit community. Any help would be appreciated I am willing to travel 500 miles and have a 7x12 trailer so I could transport the car but finding one has been a challenge, especially turbocharged. Given I have only been looking a few weeks but now I am determined to start the build :) I have been enjoyed reading everyone's posts and watching videos.

I did see the stock Cobalt SS in Ohio my only concern is no title and North Carolina registration. I am also concerned with a NA build I may become bored too quick coming from a Hayabusa, and S2000 previous vehicle ownership in that past.

Thanks!

Brian74

Goblin Guru
My advice is look EVERYWHERE. Craigslist, facebook, offer up, let it go, and IAAI & Copart auctions. I found my donor for $300 on let it go after looking everywhere else for 3 months. Engine crank was bad but it had a limited slip and I just ended up buying a crate engine with the money I saved. Made my $300 back selling the unused parts.

A lot of these young owners think their Cobalts are worth well above book until they blow one up or wreck it, then they want it gone quickly for cheap.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Well I ended up winning a bid for a 2005 S/C I am going to pick it up tomorrow! Adam was great on giving me some advice on what to look out for. It starts which is great news but I hope the transmission is in good shape and bonus if it is a LSD transmission.