Fozda's Standard Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #196

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Did you go thru a particular service to help establish the LLC to get the plate?
49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com but my situation was different than most. I had mine registered in my home state of Wisconsin so all I had to do was sign the title to sell it to my LLC and I was done.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I subscribed to your channel this morning for Danger Ranger content, I'll have to check back in now to watch the latest video!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I like that bank too. That would be fun. That’s one of the things I loved about racing Texas world speedway, was the banked front straight (the old Indy car part of the track). On my slower bikes you are still straight up on the bank, but on my faster bikes, you are riding with the bank. :cool:

Last edited:

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Added a wing to the Goblin last week. I was skeptical on whether or not it would make a positive improvement since the car is already so rear biased. However, after putting this relatively inexpensive wing that has an attempt an airfoil design to it on the car, these things seem to NEED a rear wing! Now that I know it helps, I'll be investing in a legit wing from 9livesracing to get the car to grip up even more. Check out the video of the install and testing!
PXL_20210828_161555745.jpg

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I feel like an insider because I already knew you put a wing on the car before you posted here. That track event was pretty cool, I wonder if that's a thing because the track owners wanted to host it or if a community could encourage a local circle track to host one?

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I feel like an insider because I already knew you put a wing on the car before you posted here. That track event was pretty cool, I wonder if that's a thing because the track owners wanted to host it or if a community could encourage a local circle track to host one?
In this case the track hosts it on a Friday night once a month but we were also able to get another local track to let us host an identical race on a different night once a month last year so I'm sure it could be done!

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Switched to turbo over the winter and had it dyno tuned last week. It made about 320whp and 430wtq on a Mustang dyno which is WAY MORE than I expected it to make! Of course I'll be turning the boost controller down quite a bit since the car is quite the handful at that power level! The dash lines on the right are from one year ago with a 2.7 pulley on the stock blower.
PXL_20220414_213302391.jpg

After the tune we took it over and put a fresh alignment in it. Pretty standard alignment numbers I think.
PXL_20220417_181530312.jpg

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Which turbo did you go to ? How much boost are you allowing ?
It's a stock K04 on 23lbs of boost.
It was tuned all the way out to 8200rpm but the power falls off up top so it wasn't revved out on this run.
You don't find that much camber to only load the inner edge of the tire?
It does but it sure helps during hard cornering. I may dial it back up front a little but I want to get it out on the track some more to play with it. It's slightly less camber than I was running last year and I've never had any understeer.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Boost drop was more significant when I installed the stage 2 turbo cams the same time the b207r went in. It had a blast of power up to about 5200 and then fell off instead of tapered off. Car felt way better on the stock LSJcams+k04 before the motor overhaul. The stage 2 cams really came to life when I swapped in the EFR turbo.

The k04 was a huge seat of the pants difference from the m62 for sure.