Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
E-Brake/Parking Brake - Unfortunately I did not save my E-Brake hardware so I had to build it from scratch. Did not see much info on here so I took a lot of pictures of what I did. The E-Brake handle is readily available (Ebay) as are the cables (Rock Auto). The rest I had to cobble together. As we say in the Navy "Works fine, failsafe & drains to the bilge".

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
E-Brake/Parking Brake - Unfortunately I did not save my E-Brake hardware so I had to build it from scratch. Did not see much info on here so I took a lot of pictures of what I did. The E-Brake handle is readily available (Ebay) as are the cables (Rock Auto). The rest I had to cobble together. As we say in the Navy "Works great, failsafe & it drains to the bilge".
Nice work!
Resourcefulness is not learned from a book.
And, I like how the copper looks against the red paint. ;)

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
E-Brake/Parking Brake - Unfortunately I did not save my E-Brake hardware so I had to build it from scratch. Did not see much info on here so I took a lot of pictures of what I did. The E-Brake handle is readily available (Ebay) as are the cables (Rock Auto). The rest I had to cobble together. As we say in the Navy "Works fine, failsafe & drains to the bilge".
I think your setup looks way better than the stock tubes..

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Nice job Frank

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Tag & Title - Finally got my Tag & Title today. #227 is street legal. Took my first real drive. Fenders are off being re-wrapped. The wrap was peeling up on the edges but will now fold over the edge and under the fender. Hopefully hold up better.

Attachments

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Did a quick search and found the following

Success in Montana! SAN-supported legislation (H.B. 266) to mandate that the state issue waivers for vehicles unable to display a front license plate was signed into law by Governor Greg Gianforte. Current law permits the display of a single rear-mounted plate for motor vehicles registered as a street rod or custom vehicle, and a waiver may be issued for vehicles unable to display a front plate. The new law requires the waiver to be issued.

The new law protects the aesthetic contours of vehicles and relieve the burden of having to create mounting holes on original bumpers. It also accommodates additional classic and special-interest vehicles, many of which are not originally equipped with a designated place to display a front plate. The new law goes into effect October 1, 2021.