Goblin not from a Cobalt

Update! I just saw an email that our chassis is ready for pick up! Sponsored products have begun to arrive and we are towing our donor to the work site, in this coming week. We have spent some time looking at the GM service manuals for the Redline and Cobalt, to help us find our challenges and we are making plans for a few fun additions. Stay tuned! We will have more updates soon.

KissMySS

Angie, I need updates... Keep me entertained out here on deployment! I know your probaly posting on facebook, but its blocked.

Hi Everyone, my name is Angie and I am new to the Goblin community. Many of you already know me though as I am not new to the Ecotec world. I own EcotecNation which is a large tight knit Ecotec community that hosts large Ecotec meets, holds fundraisers for members in emergent need, offers a large network of help and solid advice from reputable sources, and is way more than just a Facebook troll group.

So, why am I here? Because we are building a Goblin! When I say "we," I mean that EcotecNation is building one. There will be an open invite to anyone in our community that wants to come turn wrenches in our shop. The most important part? Our Goblin is being built from an Ion, not a Cobalt. We will not use any Cobalt parts. We will only use the parts from our Ion Redline which is a 2.0 Supercharged LSJ engine. Adam from DF is completely supporting this effort and we are super excited to share all of our information with him, and to have Over the Top Performance as the fabricator for any special parts that we need, OEM Parts Depot (formerly CED), on board for supplying any worn or old GM parts that need replacing, and ZZPerformance will tune it when we are done. To us, this project is important because it helps sustain our LSJ/ LNF community. Redline's are parted out and sold for super cheap so this will hopefully slow down the death of the Redline by simply breathing new life in to a car that was wrecked or is just tired. This also brings new builders to the table, new questions, ideas and situations, allowing the Goblin community even more growth.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce us and our project! As our build begins, there will be a detailed video series. I am the photo/video department head for a large classics/muscle car dealership, so this project will be incredible well documented. And of course in true EcotecNation fashion, we started a Facebook group for builders/ owners, and people that are just curious about Goblins, in general. We haven't shared it yet but if anyone is interested, the address is https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfgoblinbuilders. It's not nearly as useful as this forum but it's always fun for sharing a quick photo or question on the fly.
Sweet, after this build I bet we all could collaborate. Build a car and give it away through charity or fundraiser. Would make one hell of a plash and build our communities even stronger. While helping those who are in need along the way.