Goblin on YouTube

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Anybody see this yet? I found it a few days ago. Short of Matt Farah's review, there aren't really many driving videos out there. I think the video is more of a sales pitch than anything since he's trying to sell it, but it's still neat nonetheless. It's 17 minutes of driving and talking.

I'm also curious of the backstory on it, and if either the current owner or previous owner are registered here. I think this guy is from PA.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
He is from PA. He must of got it out of state. As of December when I ordered mine I was the 1st in PA. A lot of work to make that street legal for PA.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
"He put about $1400 in the build . . . which is less than what I'm selling the whole car for." I'd sure as hell hope so.

"What's ten times three hundred? 3000? or is it 30,000?"

Agreed, from PA. Driving around Landisville, Hwy 722 area.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I think the comments say $12,000.
That is actually not that bad of a deal. You figure $1000 for donor, $9K for kit delivered, tires = $600, misc parts $300-500. Plus labor 200+ hours.

I saw that video and was like man not bad...but then I remembered the reason I took on this project was to build a car, supercharged, with my own customization. I will be lucky if my build is under $18,000.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Look at it this way though. If you were a Goblin buyer, would you pay as much as you put in if there was a clone of your build? I'll be dumping over $20,000 into mine, and there is no way in the world I'd pay that much if I were a buyer.

As much as I hate to say this, I think $12,000 is a decent starting price. And to be honest, I think it's probably still a little high because his build looks to be unfinished.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
When I put in my order for the goblin I knew unlike my other vehicles s2000, hayabusa that a small loss or slight gain would not be happening but I’m also at the financial state that something huge would have to happen for me to sell it because there is so much flexibility with this kit for growth. Imagine 300whp Goblin under $30k that’s worth the devaluation.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Look at it this way though. If you were a Goblin buyer, would you pay as much as you put in if there was a clone of your build? I'll be dumping over $20,000 into mine, and there is no way in the world I'd pay that much if I were a buyer.

As much as I hate to say this, I think $12,000 is a decent starting price. And to be honest, I think it's probably still a little high because his build looks to be unfinished.
Agree these are not kits to sell or it will be at a significant loss. They are great kits but that is the nature of any kit. It’s better then buying a new car and losing $5k off the lot with significant excitement dip weeks later

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I confirmed that it was Kevin's car from Ohio that I mentioned above. He would not give up a price through text messages.

BAR-AIR

Good Afternoon,
Well Brian this is for you (seeing that I don’t like to share my asking price)....

And lets start this off with price is always dictated on availablity and the actual condition.

So let’s start with availability how many of the kits have been delivered 200? How many will actually be finished historically only about 50% of the kits sold will ever be finished. (We all have had more then one project sitting in the garage due to things out of our control). So that only leaves 100 or so finished cars on the market (and yes unfinished kits do generally go for cheap just to get out from under it).
Next is the condition of the already small number of cars that are available. (Now guys/girls don’t miss interprete this) a good portion of these car are budget minded builds if I can take the part off the donor and it looks semi reasonable I’m going to use it. So the car is finished but it’s only as good as the +100,000 mile donor. The next set of builders change out any semi worn parts polish and paint the major components and assemble (nearly always stating they are going to build a bigger and better engine/transmission package after its running). So the cars are finished look great but are still running the donors drivetrain under the spray can overhaul. Finally there are the builders that go all out. The new crate engines, the completely rebuilt engines, transmissions all the major components are rebuilt or new. How much different are the prices going to change? (I have no idea)...
What I do know is that I and most likely you reading this would never pay the asking price for one of these cars (because we have the means,talent and time to build our own). The other thing is registering the car all the builders know the actual build of the kit is relatively simple. Now lets see the average builder making or modifying the kit to pass a NY or CA DOT inspection requirements (heck TX for that matter).

So very long winded....
So what I am selling (to the guy that wants a finished Goblin now that is registered and titled in NY as a 2017 Custom Convertible - I believe that is transferable to any state).
$30,000 OBO for the car as it sits or possibly $25,000 with the NY DOT equipment removed (upper cage, windshield, wipers, hood fillet, bumpers and associated attachments. (Obvious the VIN number and title would still go with the car).
F2A922BA-537A-40F5-B442-A05BEFFD773A.jpeg

So hopefully that answers your questions. Do I need to sell it NO will I sell it sure. Would I pay the asking price HELL NO, but is it worth the price to someone who can’t build and register one of their own HELL YEAH.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Good Afternoon,
Well Brian this is for you (seeing that I don’t like to share my asking price)....

And lets start this off with price is always dictated on availablity and the actual condition.

So let’s start with availability how many of the kits have been delivered 200? How many will actually be finished historically only about 50% of the kits sold will ever be finished. (We all have had more then one project sitting in the garage due to things out of our control). So that only leaves 100 or so finished cars on the market (and yes unfinished kits do generally go for cheap just to get out from under it).
Next is the condition of the already small number of cars that are available. (Now guys/girls don’t miss interprete this) a good portion of these car are budget minded builds if I can take the part off the donor and it looks semi reasonable I’m going to use it. So the car is finished but it’s only as good as the +100,000 mile donor. The next set of builders change out any semi worn parts polish and paint the major components and assemble (nearly always stating they are going to build a bigger and better engine/transmission package after its running). So the cars are finished look great but are still running the donors drivetrain under the spray can overhaul. Finally there are the builders that go all out. The new crate engines, the completely rebuilt engines, transmissions all the major components are rebuilt or new. How much different are the prices going to change? (I have no idea)...
What I do know is that I and most likely you reading this would never pay the asking price for one of these cars (because we have the means,talent and time to build our own). The other thing is registering the car all the builders know the actual build of the kit is relatively simple. Now lets see the average builder making or modifying the kit to pass a NY or CA DOT inspection requirements (heck TX for that matter).

So very long winded....
So what I am selling (to the guy that wants a finished Goblin now that is registered and titled in NY as a 2017 Custom Convertible - I believe that is transferable to any state).
$30,000 OBO for the car as it sits or possibly $25,000 with the NY DOT equipment removed (upper cage, windshield, wipers, hood fillet, bumpers and associated attachments. (Obvious the VIN number and title would still go with the car).
View attachment 4836
So hopefully that answers your questions. Do I need to sell it NO will I sell it sure. Would I pay the asking price HELL NO, but is it worth the price to someone who can’t build and register one of their own HELL YEAH.
Your labor is extremely high quality as well and you have a solid build log to back it up. With kits like these you really want to be sure the builder did things right.

Matt

I agree with BAR-AIR. There aren't many of us out there registered and on the road so why would we devalue our one of a kind vehicles? Why does a Factory Five Cobra Replica sell for $30,000 - $40,000? Because someone paid that price and set the bar. If you look at their kit, what makes the chassis better than ours? Its not. Is the build easier? No. Does it look cooler than ours? Well that's all opinion and since we have both I have to stay neutral.

I take pride in my build and would price it accordingly. For now Walla Walla, Washington residents get the pleasure of seeing Goldilocks on the rare occasions I take her out. (When the weather is just right) If someone wants to make an offer, it better be a good one.

Thanks, Darby

SliderR1

I'm with BAR and Matt on this topic. I don't think $30k for well built Goblin is asking too much. There are people out there that will pay that if you are willing to wait to find them. I know I've got well over $20k worth of total material cost in mine. I don't have a need to sell it, so if someone wants it, they need to be prepared to pay nicely for it.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I'm with BAR and Matt on this topic. I don't think $30k for well built Goblin is asking too much. There are people out there that will pay that if you are willing to wait to find them. I know I've got well over $20k worth of total material cost in mine. I don't have a need to sell it, so if someone wants it, they need to be prepared to pay nicely for it.
I agree I am doing an inventory right now and I am into $18K and BAR-AIR did a lot more customization and the labor alone is a ton when you really want to make it near perfection. When my kit is complete I will be happy if I am around $20-$25K.