GOTW - 12-15-23 #338 Chris S.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Being bright blue and featuring a big front wing makes this week's Goblin of the Week really stand out. It was built by Chris S. in NC with some help from his son.

What is your name?
Chris S.

Where are you located? (city and state, or just the state if you want)
NC

What is your forum screen name?
Chris_WNC

Please share a link to your build log on the forum.
Chris_WNC's Track Frame #338 '09 LT Auto. REGISTERED in NC.

What is your chassis number?

When did you buy your Goblin?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm from a small town in NC. Did some time as an Army communicator and then contractor. From there I got into the testing and R&D side of body armor and ballistic shields. I took some time off from that and worked at a laser cutting shop. Now I'm back in armor.

How did you become interested in cars?
High school got me interested in cars, I'd say. Our school had a nice mix of different style rides in the early 90's. Mini-trucks, classic muscle, early ricers, IROCs, and fox body Mustangs filled up the parking lot. It was a great time.

What drew you to the Goblin?
My intentions are to do a FFR car one day. This lead me down the kit car youtube path. That's where I ran across the Goblin. Those goofball @goonzquad guys were the ones who ultimately sold me on it though.

How does the Goblin fit into your lifestyle? (daily driver, weekend warrior, both)
Weekend Warrior

Tell us about your build. (who did you build it with? where did you build it?)
This was a me project that my son helped with. The build took place mostly in my workshop at home. Some of the cleaning and prep work took place at the laser shop.

What, if anything, have you modified on your Goblin that sets it apart from others?
I have several components on my Goblin that I designed and laser cut. Rear light mounts, seat mounts, button panels, behind cockpit wind screen, and an adapter that lets the steering wheel move forward almost two inches.

Do you have any memorable road trips, races or events you've attended in your Goblin?
Cars and Coffee visits are always fun, but my favorite moment was winning Best Car in the car show that my son's middle school football team held this year. The Goblin was a big hit!

Is there a particular aspect of the Goblin—be it the design, performance, or community—that you appreciate the most?
The uniqueness has to be my favorite aspect. It's a head turner locally. Obviously very unique. Nothing like it around. And I'm seeing that we are near #500 in chassis number. That means there is going to be 500 variations out there soon. It's really cool.

Finally, do you have any future plans for your Goblin—any upcoming modifications, trips, or events?
If you read through my build log, you'll see that I accidentally bought an LDK long block with 6758 turbo that wasn't a direct drop-in with my ECU. Doh! My project is to make the dang thing work. I've got all winter!