GOTW - 12-22-23 #343 David Keck

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
This week's Goblin of the Week comes from Harrisburg, PA. David Keck took one of the rustiest donors I've ever seen and gave it a new life in the form of Goblin #343.

What is your name?
David Keck

Where are you located?
Harrisburg PA

What is your forum screen name?
Keckster

Build log on forum:
David K's Extended Track Goblin #343 - 06 SS Donor

Bonus link:
Check out David's YouTube channel: Keckster on YouTube

What is your chassis number?

When did you buy your Goblin?

Tell us a little about yourself.
25 year old mechanical engineering student and forklift mechanic that has always found an interest in how things worked. As a kid I used to get in trouble for taking things apart to figure them out.

How did you become interested in cars?
Always helped my uncle and dad with general maintenance on our cars. Although I had very little experience around large scale projects and fabrication, I always found races and cars interesting.

What drew you to the Goblin?
It is essentially a Big kid Lego kit

How does the Goblin fit into your lifestyle? (daily driver, weekend warrior, both)
Daily driver, weekend warrior, autocross, hillclimb, and time trial monster

Tell us about your build. (who did you build it with? where did you build it?)
Built by myself in a low ceiling single car garage

What, if anything, have you modified on your Goblin that sets it apart from others?
Engine had 224k miles. Rebuilt with go fast parts and learned to tune it myself. Also Built a custom windshield for pa regulations.

Do you have any memorable road trips, races or events you've attended in your Goblin?
Had a great time attending Ecotec fest in Berwick PA hosted by a fellow goblin builder Jordan Creveling. I also will never forget the first time I actually got to romp on the goblin at my first Autocross and spinning full 360 around the final turn.

Is there a particular aspect of the Goblin—be it the design, performance, or community—that you appreciate the most?
I love the thrill of driving the goblin even though it scares the life out of me. The community is super helpful and I’ve made many great friends.

Finally, do you have any future plans for your Goblin—any upcoming modifications, trips, or events?
I’m looking to modify the suspension, Upgrade to a fueltech, and work towards tying up loose ends to make it look like a real racecar. I also plan to go on race week type events like autocross week, mid Atlantic car fest, and drag week.

Attachments

Keckster

Did you paint your frame the same color as the donor?
It is a very similar color inspired by the donor yes. The color is from Prismatic powders called Illusion rootbeer

I ran in XP because when I called and asked my local region the told me to run in XP since we have a couple other XP cars I could compare my times to. They said I would need to switch to EM for bigger events. I will be changing it to EM next year though

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Nice build.
I completely agree with the thrilling to drive statement. Mine is super fun and scary still. I also spun (a lot!) at my first event. I feel it’s all part if learning the car close to it’s (or my) limits.

Doug Rostad

Really nice looking Goblin!
Maybe I will run into you at one of the events here in Pennsylvania, Once mine is finished.
One more coat of clear and I will be starting to put mine together.

Keckster

Really nice looking Goblin!
Maybe I will run into you at one of the events here in Pennsylvania, Once mine is finished.
One more coat of clear and I will be starting to put mine together.
I look forward to it!
feel free to ask for any help as I'm relatively nearby!