GOTW - 2-9-24 #121 Ross

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
This week's Goblin of the Week, Goblin #121, doesn't need much of an introduction. Ross is one of the biggest contributors on the forum and always provides what assistance he can (with a big dose of humor on the side at no extra charge).

What is your name?
Ross

Where are you located?
Rogers, Arkansas

What is your forum screen name?
@Ross

Build log on forum:
Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

What is your chassis number?

When did you buy your Goblin?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I like my old and new hobbies, motorcycles, radio control cars, woodworking, metal working, computers, microcontroller projects, and both EV and ICE automobiles

How did you become interested in cars?
By the time I was 16 years old I had put over 20,000 miles on my bicycle. Guess it started from a necessity, but evolved into a hobby. I helped my dad rebuilding various engines, so I was use to working in a shop.

What drew you to the Goblin?
Price, availability, well supported, the build videos. Oh, and the fun people are having with these cars!

How does the Goblin fit into your lifestyle? (daily driver, weekend warrior, both)
Both

Tell us about your build. (who did you build it with? where did you build it?)
I started the build with my son, but my neighbor enjoyed it too, so we built it together. My neighbor became quite a good friend in the process. All 3 of us have enjoyed taking it to races.

What, if anything, have you modified on your Goblin that sets it apart from others?

I put a billet shifter in it, and now a roof to mid wing. I like exploring the stickest of tires, right now I am enjoying the Maxxis Victra RC-1 tires on the street, and Hoosier A7s on the track.

Do you have any memorable road trips, races or events you've attended in your Goblin?
Many autocross races, car shows, weekend trips with various car clubs. Heck, even a trip to the grocery store can turn into a memorable event if you bring a DF goblin.

Is there a particular aspect of the Goblin—be it the design, performance, or community—that you appreciate the most?
Somewhat of a merge between the freedom and performance of a motorcycle, and the stability and size of a small car.

Finally, do you have any future plans for your Goblin—any upcoming modifications, trips, or events?
That is half the fun... I am going to explore more aerodynamic downforce, more power, more race track time and road trip adventures.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
‘even a trip to the grocery store can turn into a memorable event if you bring a DF goblin.’

So true! Interesting build and super helpful member.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I remember reading Ross's build thread before I bought my kit. The detail he provided and the support he offered others was instrumental in my decision to buy and build my Goblin.

confession, I didn't read the whole thing... but anyone who's seen it already knew that

Ross

Goblin Guru
Thanks guys! The forum and OG builders before me was instrumental in my decision to buy too. So glad Adam built and maintains this. It amazes me in how many different skills are on display here. It makes it that much easier to pick one, and learn. After a few years, I sometimes have to go back to my own build log, and relearn what I did, so I can continue on that project.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I was wondering when we'd see this Goblin as GOTW.

I'll echo what Rauq said: Ross's build thread was one I read thoroughly before I bought my kit, and it was instrumental in helping me make the decision.

I don't see any mention of shiny nuts in the post, though. /disappointed

Ross

Goblin Guru
Precious shiny nuts. At least I can laugh at my own forgetfulness.
I'm glad the DF crew was able to modify my chassis. Some tracks didn't like the open frame. Every goblin needs a little Frankenstein customization.

Markm

A fun car to drive and definitely helped the wife and I finalize our decision on getting a Goblin. Thanks Ross, your car is awesome