Grayson M Full Cage Goblin #488 - 07 SS/SC donor

Grayson

So what all is done to this thing to make it "350 wheel horsepower" like you said in the one short you posted?
It has a ported supercharger and a tune with larger injectors with a couple of other minor tweaks. My 350 estimate might have been a slight high where it was probably closer to 310-325. Sadly however I didn't get a chance to get it on the dyno before the motor knocked. Im building a new motor and tuning it so we will see if we can get back to that power number or better.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Unless “other minor tweaks” is head work, cams and probably e85, 350 at the wheels is a stretch. 300 might be had with a tvs,large injectors and very aggressive tune. if you are running the same mods as the rest of us with smaller pulley, larger injectors and a tune, you‘ll be around the 250 range. That’s 250 engine hp, not at the wheel.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Stock LSJ is 205 engine hp
GM stage 2 kit is 241hp
zzp stage 2 kits should be around 250-270 depending on how aggressive you get.

250hp in a goblin is a ton of power. Don’t underestimate it.

Desert Sasqwatch

Bigfoot Goblin
Pushing for higher HP also requires a logarithmic increase in charge cooling capacity, which the stock laminova tubes - even with a dual port - may run out of capacity to provide. Goals north of 300 HP almost always involve a turbo conversion on the LSJ (or dual charging as some on the forum have done) with the requisite injectors, cams, porting, etc. Dreams of big HP can be achieved, but plan to spend increasing amounts of $$$ to reach those goals, far more than a few tuning tweaks will achieve. This post is not to discourage your efforts, but to advise how to get there based on the experience of the builders here in the forum. As @Rttoys has stated, 250 HP in a Goblin at 1650 lbs is an insane ride - and a lot more than can be achieved in almost all other cars in this price range.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
As My dearly departed motor Guru once admonished me, "How fast do you want to go? How much money do you have?" Let's just say in fast, money is a prime ingredient. Plus you must get all that HP goodness to the ground. Watching closely, always hoping to witness greater success! :cool:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
250hp in a goblin is a ton of power. Don’t underestimate it.
I'm guessing mine is somewhere in the 220-240 hrsprs range as I have the 2.8"pulley and supporting items (from the previous owner) and it's F@#$% fast. It'll take you a couple months to be able to get comfortable with it. Like, so fast that when you just take off from a stop 'slowly' it still leaves everything else behind.

LLBenJ

I think 300 with a TVS, or 300 with tiny pulley M62 and a lot of breathing mods/fuel changes can happen. 350...just start planning on a entry level, or up, turbo swap through ZZP. This will be the most cost effective way of approaching those numbers.

HP tuners is arriving today so anxious to see what can be done with my current set up. Recent dyno, Mustang Dyno, rendered 247 RWHP so I'm probably around 280 at the crank? I'm shooting for 300 RWHP but I may have to pulley down, swap out...my new injectors...or push the octane numbers up to get there. As others have stated, 250 RWHP in a 1,600lb car is a riot.

- 2.0 LSJ
- Harrop TVS 1320 with stock 3.1" pulley
- Dual pass cooling
- #60 injectors
- 1.0 ZZP tune
- Shorty headers/exhaust
- 91 Octane pump gas

Last edited: