Help! Keep Factory Five Cobra, or build Goblin?

Keep Cobra or Build Goblin

• Total voters

Mike.g

HELP!

This is a super hard question! I love my Cobra, but I want to build a Goblin. But I'm sure I am only allowed to have 1 toy car, (and Co-owning a Chumpcar race car is already pushing it). So if I want to build a Goblin, I'd have to sell my Factory Five Mk4 Cobra replica.

Currently I drive my car to work once or twice a week. A nice 20min country drive in the back roads of Wisconsin. The car is super fun to drive, and has a beautiful exhaust note *Loud and throaty. And while I do love to attend Auto cross events. And looking at the numbers, the Goblin should handle better over my Cobra replica at an events. But here's a kicker, I didn't make to a single event this year!

Can anyone experience with both cars chime in and help me out? Because I'm fighting that question, did I build this cobra to keep forever? Or was it just the first in a long line of projects?

upload_2017-9-12_22-56-1.png

While my car can get these...
upload_2017-9-12_23-0-18.jpeg

I built it to do this!
upload_2017-9-12_22-59-29.jpeg

Wisconsin country roads where I live... So fun!

Last edited:

DanPerryy

I got rid of a setup (550 dyno'ed rear wheel HP) 2003 Z06 a few years ago. It was fast (my son had it at 200 in the Nevada desert - on the road), the fastest I had it was 180 - no guts. I think my choice was similar to yours - beautiful and fast(er) or quick and maneuverable and not so pretty. For me, I like the quick and maneuverable as I can do that on the street regularly. Your car is beautiful.

Johvans

IMHO I was planning on building a FFR Cobra or 818 (I even bought the manuals to take a look) when I found the Goblin. It looked like a car that could perform similarly/better for less money and would allow me to do a lot more of the work myself (I'm not a paint and body person and didn't relish spending $5-8k on a decent paint job).

You already have what a lot of people would love to have. If you want a new project I imagine you could sell the cobra complete for more money than you would have in a Goblin and pocket some money. You'd still end up with a fun car to drive on the street! I think your in a win win situation regardless!

John

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Well Mike,
I think the only way for you to make an educated decision is... road trip the Cobra to Red Oak and compare for yourself!

Or just fly there.