Help! Keep Factory Five Cobra, or build Goblin?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike.g, Sep 12, 2017.

Keep Cobra or Build Goblin

1. Keep Cobra

2. Build Goblin

1. Mike.g

Mike.g New Member

This is a super hard question! I love my Cobra, but I want to build a Goblin. But I'm sure I am only allowed to have 1 toy car, (and Co-owning a Chumpcar race car is already pushing it). So if I want to build a Goblin, I'd have to sell my Factory Five Mk4 Cobra replica.

Currently I drive my car to work once or twice a week. A nice 20min country drive in the back roads of Wisconsin. The car is super fun to drive, and has a beautiful exhaust note *Loud and throaty. And while I do love to attend Auto cross events. And looking at the numbers, the Goblin should handle better over my Cobra replica at an events. But here's a kicker, I didn't make to a single event this year!

Can anyone experience with both cars chime in and help me out? Because I'm fighting that question, did I build this cobra to keep forever? Or was it just the first in a long line of projects?

While my car can get these...

I built it to do this!

Wisconsin country roads where I live... So fun!
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Karter2026

Karter2026 Well-Known Member

I'm Keeping the Cobra. If it was my choice.
  3. DanPerryy

DanPerryy Well-Known Member

I got rid of a setup (550 dyno'ed rear wheel HP) 2003 Z06 a few years ago. It was fast (my son had it at 200 in the Nevada desert - on the road), the fastest I had it was 180 - no guts. I think my choice was similar to yours - beautiful and fast(er) or quick and maneuverable and not so pretty. For me, I like the quick and maneuverable as I can do that on the street regularly. Your car is beautiful.
  4. Briann1177

Briann1177 Well-Known Member

You can never have too many toys.
    Boostless likes this.
  5. Johvans

Johvans Well-Known Member

IMHO I was planning on building a FFR Cobra or 818 (I even bought the manuals to take a look) when I found the Goblin. It looked like a car that could perform similarly/better for less money and would allow me to do a lot more of the work myself (I'm not a paint and body person and didn't relish spending $5-8k on a decent paint job).

You already have what a lot of people would love to have. If you want a new project I imagine you could sell the cobra complete for more money than you would have in a Goblin and pocket some money. You'd still end up with a fun car to drive on the street! I think your in a win win situation regardless!

Karter2026 likes this.
  6. Waterdriver

Waterdriver Well-Known Member

Well Mike,
    I think the only way for you to make an educated decision is... road trip the Cobra to Red Oak and compare for yourself!

Or just fly there.