Help with Twisted Pair from OnStar

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm currently in the process of thinning the body harness. I've been doing good until 16:00 into the video Part 10. It says to keep one pair of the twisted wires from the OnStar at the Black and Purple Multi-plug. My twisted pair goes to the anti-lock brake connector. It looks like from there goes to other connectors and then possibly down to the Black and Purple Multi-plug. I mistakenly cut it at the anti-lock brake connector, but kept the wires.

There is nothing said about the anti-lock brake module and connectors. I don't plan to keep them, what should I do with it? Will it cause an issue if it's removed?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The data wires daisy chain from front to back.

You will break this connection when you remove the onstar and/or the ABS connectors.

Make sure that they are reconnected from the BCM to the ECM.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
So it's okay to completely remove all the wires to the ABS as long as I bypass it with the data wires?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I removed the ABS plug. I will need to solder the twisted pair of wires that went from the ABS to the ECM to the Blue/Black multi-plug of the BCM. But I have found two sets of what look like brown and brown/black on the plug. I'm not sure which set to solder to.
InkedIMG_3103_LI.jpg