Help!!!

Dominicnicklyn

I have no clue why my clutch line is like this

When I got the car my clutch line was off like this and I have no clue if/how to fix it. It seems that it can spin around and that it isn't fully seated on the trans (f35)

How exactly is this supposed to be, hopefully I don't have to replace anything internal just yet.

Attachments

Dominicnicklyn

Maybe I'm just dumb after an extra long day at work but how exactly am I supposed yo get the rear calipers over the pads and rotors?

The fronts have bolts you can remove to slide the calipers overtop but the rears have the shafts to alow the calipers to move around with the rotors.
20230920_200820.jpg

Dominicnicklyn

I'm also looking for a way to mount my zzp AtW intercooler above the engine. I have tube clamps for the chassis but for some reason I can't find anything online for "rod ends" with bars or brackets.
Screenshot_20230911_114418_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230911_114412_Chrome.jpg

If anyone can guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Sebnuts

When I got the car my clutch line was off like this and I have no clue if/how to fix it. It seems that it can spin around and that it isn't fully seated on the trans (f35)

How exactly is this supposed to be, hopefully I don't have to replace anything internal just yet.
It looks like this piece might be missing or broken on yours?

There's a clip that locks the elbow to that plastic piece

Sebnuts

Yes, that hard pipe goes down to the slave cylinder. I believe there is an access panel you can take off that would let you feel around in there, maybe the black piece just fell down inside.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru

My first block did that, when I replaced that metal unit and the internal line to the TOB, it didn’t. It’s because the line to the TOB is stretched upward and not pulling that block down to sit in it’s groove.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The clip that locks the clutch line in place goes on this way. GM calls this thing a distribution block.

The circled end of this clutch pipe is on the outside of the transmission, the silver end is inside, and goes to the TOB (Throw out bearing).

The access hole in the transmission isn't very big...

Ross

Goblin Guru
The DF line that comes from the clutch pedal goes in the left side of this image,
the top of the image shows a black bleeder nipple,
the bottom of this near the red arrow connects to the clutch pipe that sticks out of the transmission, coming from the TOB.

That bleeder is hard to get to, on a goblin, so a remote bleeder is a nice addition.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Maybe I'm just dumb after an extra long day at work but how exactly am I supposed yo get the rear calipers over the pads and rotors?

You figured out the brakes!, good. A Warning! ??Does the clutch pipe sticking out of your trans look different? The top of the clutch pipe is all rubber and if it is missing on your trans it can be removed from a new clutch pipe and installed on The old one!! That seal is NOT available separately! But it is very special and if missing is worth sacrificing a new clutch pipe to get one! Installing a new clutch pipe would require transmission Removal and Reinstall, very time consuming. Moving the rubber piece over to your old pipe only takes a minute. I learned the hard way!

Last edited:

Dominicnicklyn

I'll definitely check it out more in depth tonight. I belive it's the same as the pictures above.

I feel really good now. I have learned alot about the things holding me back from completing the car.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I'll definitely check it out more in depth tonight. I belive it's the same as the pictures above.

I feel really good now. I have learned alot about the things holding me back from completing the car.
My new friend, Josh 09, was in a similar spot and put out a forum post for "on site help", We were visiting in El Paso to welcome Grand Son #2! But then our Son got a job in FW,TX and the winds of my road life Pushed us near to Josh 09's town! We had tons of fun and got his going! I'll get a ride at Christmas when we visit our Grands again! message me if needed.