How long runs your cooling fan after the engine is off?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Is it an AC fan or just low and high fans? Most GM 2 fan setups are high/lo setups with the ac triggering the high setting. Of course that doesn’t really change the problem if it’s running on the high relay.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Hi Ross, If I pull the relay for Fan 1 my fan goes off. So unless the wire to relays 1 is changed, it should be all wired correct. I think the settings are also correct, but the ECU still thinks there is an A/C where no A/C is anymore.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Try this. Fan 2 state set to zero and ac pressure set to no fan. It will get pretty warm before the fan cuts on since I didn't change the fan on percentage of 36% at 217 degrees, same a stock. We can change more settings to lower the temp and the continue to run after ignition off if this has an effect. Don't want to change to much at once.

Attachments

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
That did the trick. The fan is not coming on while regular driving. However, as soon as I kill the engine the fan comes on. I reduced the Ignition Off runtime Max to 55seconds. Furthermore I put fan desired to 3, means the fan should switch on now around 194.6F. Have not yet seen such a high temperature.

I believe the reason for that is, that Ignition off is a different program. While the A/C problem is solved in regular operation, in Ignition Off it's still active. I think the Settings Enable Hi ECT and Disable Hi ECT on the right or Hardware on the left where it says Number oof fans fitted 2 could be a reason for that.

What would you think?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Why not set the run time max to 0 and see what happens? At some point you are just going to have to try things. Some of the descriptions on HPT are misleading so you may have to experiment. Just don't change to much at once.