Jug's Goblin #420 Build! - 2009 SS/TC donor, Ext/Open Frame, San Antonio TX.

Stingray

IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1530.jpeg

Gents!, Is this the right plate for this tranny or is there some sort of spacer? Can I remove this connecter? I'm pretty sure it went to the second O2 sensor.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Rauq

Goblin Guru
You need the bottom half of the stock shifter bracket to attach that plate to, and then the shifter cables attach to that plate.

If you're not running a cat, the downstream O2 sensor can be removed. Not sure what your inspection rules are though.

Stingray

Do I need to use a plate between the rear steering knuckle and the new hub? Should I add some spacers? I remember someone having an issue with bolts rubbing on rotor and cant remember if that was the reason why? Thanks!!!!

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Some knuckles, calipers, and caliper brackets seem to have a tolerance stackup where the rotor isn't centered between the pads in the caliper. If you need shimming it's better off done on the caliper bracket or adapter than the hub itself.

Stingray

Gents, on the rear BC racing coils with the 300 lb springs, 3.5 inch of base lift, and 4 inch spacing between base ring and bottom of ring, should the spring be compressed at all?? Mine need about another 1/3 of an inch to start compressing? I assume once I place the weight of engine down it will compress, as long as my rear wheel never leaves the ground??

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Those are adapters for the stock struts from the donor. You won't use those with the BC coilovers.

Stingray

Hi! Does this 3d printed ring go next to hub like this or is it inserted on outside or rotor?????? This is rear solstice brake kit with e brake if it helps.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
That ring goes between the hub and the rotor. It takes up the slight difference between the two parts. So, place it on the hub NOW and then install your rotors.

Stingray

Gents, Does the purple accessory power wire go to the red wire on the intercooler pump? Also, where exactly does the ground go. Do I just screw it into the frame somewhere or does it go somewhere back into the fuse box? Sorry, I'm really not good at the electrical stuff on this. I appreciate all the help. Last picture is just to show progress. Thanks!!!!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Purple wire is the fog light wire and is really only good for that. It will have to be turned back on every time the car is turned off and will loose power when the headlights are put on bright.
I think the intercooler pump was powered by the amp or the seat heater circuit?
Ground can he attached to any clean spot on the frame or extended to an bc existing ground lug.

Stingray

Alright I think I found it!!! This red wire is labled PUMP so I'm pretty sure that goes to the intercooler. My second question in the pic above. What does this connector with the red wire go to and secondly, what attaches to that electronic piece going to the brake booster? Thanks again Gtstorey and Robinjo for the previous responses too!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
View attachment 43372View attachment 43373

Alright I think I found it!!! This red wire is labled PUMP so I'm pretty sure that goes to the intercooler. My second question in the pic above. What does this connector with the red wire go to and secondly, what attaches to that electronic piece going to the brake booster? Thanks again Gtstorey and Robinjo for the previous responses too!
That connector is your BCM power wire connector. There should (hopefully) be an opposite connector for it somewhere in the bundle of the under hood area. One half goes to the BCM and the other half should be connected to the positive battery connection. I can get better photos of mine this evening unless someone else has one available now?

Stingray

Well, I got some rough news today. I bought the car through copart and on the site it said that it had only 89K miles on it. The battery was cut out of the car so I was never able to confirm milage. I was just able to connect the battery and it shows 149K miles on it!!!! I'm a bit disappointed but on the bright side it sounded like all the fans and pumps were working!!!! Hope the engine holds for awhile. Oh well.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Well, I got some rough news today. I bought the car through copart and on the site it said that it had only 89K miles on it. The battery was cut out of the car so I was never able to confirm milage. I was just able to connect the battery and it shows 149K miles on it!!!! I'm a bit disappointed but on the bright side it sounded like all the fans and pumps were working!!!! Hope the engine holds for awhile. Oh well.
Time to redo the timing set. Easy job with the motor out. Few good videos on youtube that walk you through the process.