Junker Told Me He Cant Take Donor Without Taking Title

KingChuck24

So we ended up finishing disassembly of the donor and now it is just sitting dead in the driveway. I have been calling around to a few junk yards in my area to see if they will come pick it up. One of them that I called said that he needed the vin of the car the scrap it and I would need to transfer the vin to him. I was under the impression that I needed the vin for registering the goblin for the road and by him taking the vin off of me the DMV would not be able to register it. Any insight on this issue would be of great use!

Thanks!

Ross

Goblin Guru
I waited until I registered the goblin before I got rid of the Cobalt. Some people have cut the Cobalt into quarters, then the scrappers can accept it as a car part, and not a whole car.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Also, look into the local derby/bump-n-run car scene. They used to run old V8 cars, but now they have FWD classes. Cobalts are used, and they might take the chassis to rebuild a smashed car

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The requirements for registration will be different from state to state. I don't remember any in depth discussions for Minnesota so you need to research what Minnesota needs.

Brett

My wife put an add on Facebook marketplace for a free cobalt body with NO TITLE. It took a day or two but eventually a guy came and took it no questions asked. Just wasn't worth my time to try and get a few bucks out of it. Also, I didn't have a method of transporting it without renting a trailer.

Apparently, she got 20+ people calling her out on it not having a title but she just blew them off until somebody said they would take it as is.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
My wife put an add on Facebook marketplace for a free cobalt body with NO TITLE. It took a day or two but eventually a guy came and took it no questions asked. Just wasn't worth my time to try and get a few bucks out of it. Also, I didn't have a method of transporting it without renting a trailer.
I did the same and had so many wanting the frame that I had a list of about 15-20 deep. I was prepared that if someone didn't show up when we setup, it was going to be on to the next one. I cut the VINs off of the body, though. No one had an issue with it being No Title, but I made that very clear in the posting and IM's.

KingChuck24

Unfortunately we got rid of almost all of the panels so I would assume a fire station probably wouldn't find any use out of it. I will try to Facebook ad and see if that ends up working. Thanks guys!