KJPs 08 TC 6 Speed build

KJP

Helped my father in law strip down his frame for powder and drilled out all of the rivits and pulled the hoses from where it had already been assembled.

I also ordered powder for both frames and I am hoping it comes in this week.

My motor is back out and the new trans mount is tacked in.

I have a professional welder that is supposed to weld it up this week because my welding skills are pretty blah
IMG_20180513_165446.jpg

I am excited to get it off to powder once the welding is complete.

KJP,
Did you get the F40 all mounted into your Goblin? I am looking at doing the same (put in a F40) and curious how it turned out.

I am in Waynesville, Ohio....just North of you about 40 or so miles...wouldn’t mind checking out the install if you don’t mind.

Ken

Kevin, I am very interested in your installation of the F40 transmission and what modifications you had to perform to install it. Photos, measurements and your insight as a reply would be very appreciated. I am new to the DFG forum and am just starting to gather up parts - engine, transmission - before committing to purchasing a donor vehicle. I am leaning toward the F40 transmission, needing real world input, and your experience will be a great help to me. Thanks for any information that you can share beyond that already posted here in your build log.