Maf sensor and throttle pedal 5v question

Lando217

Hi guys, I have a quick questions. Will a shorted or bad maf sensor draw or pull the 5v reference away from the throttle Pedal sensor? Iv read on a couple forums that they share the same power and ground for base colbalt. But I have an 09 ss, I lose pedal power with no response. Code pops up stating low voltage to pedal. Engine still running with no problem. I will get pedal power again for a short time when I turn off and back on. If I unplug my maf sensor it seems like it takes care of the problem… any advice is appreciated!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Yes, MAF shares one of the 5v signals of the accelerator pedal (pedal has 2 5v) so if any of the wires feeding those signals shorty to ground, they all lose it.

Attachments

Lando217

Yes, MAF shares one of the 5v signals of the accelerator pedal (pedal has 2 5v) so if any of the wires feeding those signals shorty to ground, they all lose it.
Thank you very much for this!!
I think I will check wires and maybe get a new maf to try very quick.
I already replaced throttle pedal, throttle body and ran a new 5v wire from ECM to the pedal. Soo Iam guessing it might be my maf or wiring to the maf… I can’t remember if this maf is a donor vehicle maf or new

thank you again!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Have you measured for 5v at the pedal, or any of the other sensors with the maf plugged and unplugged? If you get 5v with it unplugged and 0v with it plugged in, pretty good indicator of a bad maf. But any of the 5v on that circuit shorted to ground will pull them all to 0v.

Dsteinhorst

Your timing is odd Because I'm going through this same thing on my Goblin. I was getting engine power reduced, though Because my 5v is for both signals on the pedal as well as the throttle body and crank position snesor. Drove like garbage.
I'm doing the ckps wiring tomorrow and a throttle pedal to be safe.