Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
regarding the tunnel cap, I’d cut it into 3 sections and weld the shifter portion, with the rest being removable. The idea is to stiffen the oem shifter but still make it easy enough to route through.

I haven’t seen the new shifter from DF but I’ve heard of it.
Cut the tunnel cap and weld in some gap-fill pieces. Easy peasy!

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Today I received my second frame, thank you to @Adam, Ray, and the rest of the DF team for giving me another go at this.

Haven’t done anything yet other than unpacking. I plan on adding a few weld-on items so I’m not sure when I’ll get it coated/painted. Gonna put my original gobo next to it in the open garage spot while I swap everything over.

Yay!

Attachments

Rauq

Goblin Guru
So are you going to get a new license plate, go all astral on the hood again, or have a very terrestrial interstellar build this time around?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
So are you going to get a new license plate, go all astral on the hood again, or have a very terrestrial interstellar build this time around?
Same kit # just new frame, so everything is transferring over... I am only replacing the frame, hood, and F/R control-arm and associated stuff.

I am keeping the astral vibes, just doing things a tad differently. Might get my hood professionally wrapped this time, and spend money there rather than on painting, because Powder just isn't gonna be kosher this round.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Finally got off my ass and slapped some bed liner on the new frame, didn't want to spend the money on another powder coat job and i had an extra gallon of the stuff lying around,

On the orignal goblin, I took the seats out and started removing the wiring and front foot box area.

Taking the next two weeks off work for the holidays so I hope to get some progress made.

Brett

My biggest concern when tearing down mine was damage to the wiring harness. Treat it nice and go over it to see if there are any abrasions / missing connectors.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Today I finished just about everything critical and took version 2 for a test drive in the neighborhood. It's nice to have it back up and driving after a year of being down.

I need to settle the lighting, smooth out the tune, and align it more. Really happy with everything.

Some folks have mentioned wanting to grab my old frame, if this is you just shoot me message if you're still interested.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You put a lot of money, time and blood/sweat/tears into your Goblin, sorry it is being sold. But, the home boss says the new house and kids come first, so sacrifices have to be made! ;) Who knows, a few years from now you could be ordering kit #999, and have it built in no time flat! :p:D

Brett

You put a lot of money, time and blood/sweat/tears into your Goblin, sorry it is being sold. But, the home boss says the new house and kids come first, so sacrifices have to be made! ;) Who knows, a few years from now you could be ordering kit #999, and have it built in no time flat! :p:D
Third times the charm....