Midwest Meet Spring 2019

ctuinstra

I was thinking about possibly arranging a meet and drive sometime in the Spring of 2019 in the Midwest area. I would like to know the interest to gauge if it's even worth it. This would be for encouraging Goblin owners to meet up however other interested parties would be welcome. I'm thinking it would increase the interest if it were around a specific event also happening in the area if anyone knows of any, possibly even driving events. Thoughts?... Ideas?... Participation?...

I may even ask the Doyles to see if they have contacts of others that aren't on the forum. Maybe it's time with the amount of builds out there.

SliderR1

I'm interested. I have a busy schedule, so it will all depend on timing and location.

It would be great if we could find a location that offered some good roads or even a road course track...

SliderR1

I lived in Little Rock for three years and know most of the roads in north central Arkansas - they are great. HWY 341 (Push Mountain Road) would be a blast in the Goblin!

ctuinstra

I lived in Little Rock for three years and know most of the roads in north central Arkansas - they are great. HWY 341 (Push Mountain Road) would be a blast in the Goblin!
That was one of the roads we did this past spring. You're right, it was a blast. At this point, it's looking like Northern Arkansas might be the best place to have a gathering. It would allow those from the Texas area to join along with a decent concentration of others in the area. I might have to lean on you a bit for information about roads. I was looking at some ideas this morning and found a few others. Just looking for the biggest bang for the buck. I'd hate to have to drive 100 miles to get to the next good road. Also have to find good accommodations and restaurants along the way.

jamesm

There are lots of fun roads in North Central Arkansas around Buffalo National River, Bull Shoals Lake, and Norfolk Lake. There are also a lot of areas in the Branson, MO area too. Lots of hotels and restaurants in Branson as well.

JERMzSS

That was one of the roads we did this past spring. You're right, it was a blast. At this point, it's looking like Northern Arkansas might be the best place to have a gathering. It would allow those from the Texas area to join along with a decent concentration of others in the area. I might have to lean on you a bit for information about roads. I was looking at some ideas this morning and found a few others. Just looking for the biggest bang for the buck. I'd hate to have to drive 100 miles to get to the next good road. Also have to find good accommodations and restaurants along the way.
The pig trail is another good road.

SliderR1

At this point, it's looking like Northern Arkansas might be the best place to have a gathering. It would allow those from the Texas area to join along with a decent concentration of others in the area. I might have to lean on you a bit for information about roads. ... I'd hate to have to drive 100 miles to get to the next good road. Also have to find good accommodations and restaurants along the way.
Northern Arkansas would probably make it easier for me to attend - since the in-laws live there - HA!

Mountain Home or Harrison might be worth thinking about - they are right in the middle of the good stuff and would have more accommodations than some of the other little towns. There used to be a pretty neat place in Allison - it was right on the river and had a motel/restaurant - lots of bikes usually there. It's pretty close to Mtn. View and Push Mountain.

I think there is a decent place in Jasper, too.

I'll have to break out some of my old paper maps and looks at my notes from 16 years ago!

Might also be worth mentioning that there are still a LOT of dry counties in Arkansas, so if you like to relax with a beer in the evening, might have to bring your own or drive a long way for a six pack. LOL...

jamesm

My in-laws also live in Northern AR as well.

Harrison and Mountain Home are both in wet counties. Boone county went wet a few years ago so most of the sit-down restaurants have at least beer and there are several package stores now.