ncgoblin's Build Thread - 2005 SS/SC North Carolina

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have a picture of the bend, and orientation of the fuel pump for the earlier model supercharged models? My gauge is not moving not a huge deal but may be an easy fix.

Thanks

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a late model tank your don't need to bend the float.

The float needs to be positioned toward the passenger side of the tank.

While you have your pump out pull your fuel pump relay any turn on your ignition so your gauge lights up. Move your float up and down to make sure the gauge responds. It will be slow to respond even when working properly.

Make sure you remember to put your relay back in.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
99475C72-8B8F-48C1-A48B-8CB0E3EE0671.png
Hey guys I am finishing up the brakes and installing the shifter. What pads do you all recommend for the brakes? I made sure to install larger rotors in front then back. Also I have a small issue with the shifter the white plastic piece I lost in the attached photo can I buy this at a local hardware store or do I need to by a whole new piece to attach to the rod?
69DE3EF2-47C5-480C-9F95-F23912F2F451.jpeg

RichRich

You won't be using those at all, I have some close up pictures in my build log in post 70 of how the manual shifter is connected. >>CLICK HERE<< You should have the connectors inside a little goody bag labeled shifter hardware

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I never received the attachment to the shifter itself. I believe the 2005 reuses the plastic swivel attachments with the metal rods atttached. I may have to go to ACE hardware and see if I can get this to clip on.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I think a lot of us are using the Duralast Gold DG956 brake bads all the way around. Lonny was kind enough to demonstrate on mine that they stop very well.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
You won't be using those at all, I have some close up pictures in my build log in post 70 of how the manual shifter is connected. >>CLICK HERE<< You should have the connectors inside a little goody bag labeled shifter hardware
Hey Rich I ended up finding a swivel Bush’s g that with a c-clip from ACE hardware that will work. I assume the lines matter in the way they are connected to the transmission and shifter I cannot seem to find a guide for both explaining. Also it looks like one side of the line is longer then the other. I appreciate your help the site is a bugger to search sometimes.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
If I'm not mistaken, DF changed the way they connect the turnbuckle shaft to the shifter. They no longer use the small heim joints and now use the plastic donor attachments.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
If I'm not mistaken, DF changed the way they connect the turnbuckle shaft to the shifter. They no longer use the small heim joints and now use the plastic donor attachments.
This is true you can still get the turn buckles at ACE hardware if your like a knuckle head like me and lose the inner part of the stock one.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Been sick all week but I felt decent today so I ended up finishing installing all brake pads and brake lines. Quick question on the hub that the steering wheel sits on with the 3 holes. What size threads are those? I feel like they are M7.100 but none of my bolts I have fit m6 is too small, and m8 too large. I need to order some.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Been sick all week but I felt decent today so I ended up finishing installing all brake pads and brake lines. Quick question on the hub that the steering wheel sits on with the 3 holes. What size threads are those? I feel like they are M7.100 but none of my bolts I have fit m6 is too small, and m8 too large. I need to order some.
1/4"-20 I think if my memory is still working

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
It’s always the small things that make me want to go crazy. I removed this clip to see why the line was not receiving fluid come to find out the piston from the slave cylinder was pressed all the way in not sure if this is the cause but now I cannot get this stupid clip back in i spent about an hour trying and adjusting its width/etc...is this clip easily replaceable or do I need to look at the junk yard? I think the one I have now is too bent and out of shape. Does the clip go on first or after the line is inserted? I put it on 2 months ago and had no problems not sure why it’s a pain now.
566DE4E6-599A-4603-B29B-6A80F2025BAB.jpeg