New quick release steering wheel assembly

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I don't have a video but the black piece on the right will go onto the steering shaft with the original nut. Then the silver piece on the left will get bolted to first black piece. The remaining piece gets bolted to your steering wheel.

My NRG hub has an opening for the horn cable. I don't see one in the DF hub (black piece on right) so you'll probably have to add a hole for the cables if you want the horn to go through the quick connect.

jFritzies

I don't have a video but the black piece on the right will go onto the steering shaft with the original nut. Then the silver piece on the left will get bolted to first black piece. The remaining piece gets bolted to your steering wheel.

My NRG hub has an opening for the horn cable. I don't see one in the DF hub (black piece on right) so you'll probably have to add a hole for the cables if you want the horn to go through the quick connect.
Thank you for the info!

Jareth

Goblin Guru
How does the wiring fo the horn run, thru the slot in the shaft and our the center of the shaft?

Scott #321

I had to slightly clearance the support tube and zip tie/tatethe wiring to the shifter. If you go this route li lieu of using a clock spring you will need some kind of loose coil of wire at the steering column. My build thread shows how I did mine if you choose to use it. I would use a different wire performing it again as I am unhappy with how the phone wire I used is holding its shape.