New videos

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I'm on video 8
I had the enter and info buttons on the dash in my donor with one 5 wire connector. What s done with these?
Gray to taped union
2 grounds
Pink to cluster plug
Green/white trace to cluster

My steering wheel plug didn't have the pink wire but did have gray, tan, white, and orange.

I'm assuming that the Pink and green/white trace wires will go to the button panel from the cluster plug?

Murcielago311

I had the separate info/enter buttons and here is what I ended up with for the button panel wires. So I think you're right that you need to keep the pink and green/white and run them with your steering wheel control wires.

Ignore the purple and green, that's my dimmer switch I decided to keep.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
On early donors with info and return on the dash you will need to keep the green with a white stripe and pink that comes from the instrument cluster connector. They need to be kept together as a pair.

You will need a pink wire from the light gray BCM multi plug for cruise control. It is power that goes on and off with the ignition key. Assuming your donor had cruise control.

MisterDave

I just completed video 10...
I think it's been going pretty good, but I am left with a couple questions:
@7:17 (step 24 left over positive wire) I don't seem to have a left over positive wire. In the video it looks like it was labeled and I did label everything... Since it's not used should I be worried I can't find it?
Then @ 8:00 (step 27 purple and red wire) I have a purple wire that originates at the fuse box side of the table. It's just barely long enough to get past the EPS mark on the table. Is this probably the right wire? should I extend it?

Murcielago311

My extra positive near the fuse box was the turbo intercooler pump wire, so its an extra positive there on my supercharged.

The purple wires that get rolled up are extra positives from your fog lights. They originate from the headlight harness block in the fuse box. They will be controlled by the ACC button on the button panel. Can you trace it back or check continuity with the headlight harness purple wires?

Of course I just have a harness in a goblin with no engine yet so maybe someone else can back that all up.

MisterDave

My extra positive near the fuse box was the turbo intercooler pump wire, so its an extra positive there on my supercharged.

The purple wires that get rolled up are extra positives from your fog lights. They originate from the headlight harness block in the fuse box. They will be controlled by the ACC button on the button panel. Can you trace it back or check continuity with the headlight harness purple wires?

Of course I just have a harness in a goblin with no engine yet so maybe someone else can back that all up.
Thank you! That makes sense.

MisterDave

What is the red with the white stripe wire for that is pulled with the purple in vid 10 @8:00 (step 27)? Could anyone confirm where it should trace back to? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Edit: I guess looking back at the video now it does say 10"

How long should the pigtails be off the dash harness for the clutch and brake sensors? My donor had 4 sensors so I'm trying to get them the right length.

Last edited:

Murcielago311

I left mine as long as possible since I had the 4 connectors as opposed to 2 in the videos and they're way too long. You could probably get away with 8 inches or so. Maybe 10 for the bottom clutch connector.

Attachments

KSLunsfo

I'm a bit behind most others in this thread. I'm towards the end of video 4 about to remove the body to dash connector from the harness.

A couple questions:

1.) I have labelled all the wires and have the "Extension wire - B6" label left over, is this label used later or where do I apply it?

2.) I seem to have 3 remaining, unlabelled wires to the body to dash connector. One of these is a red/white wire that goes to D5 of the small gray multiplug and coming from D3 on the body to dash connector (the accessory plug power wire also shared this pin on the body to dash connector). Does this sound correct? I tend to second guess cutting a power wire, particularly when I don't see it specifically called out in the video. The video shows Lonny cut and remove only 2 wires from this connector, a blue and a green wire.

Thanks.

Gsd autos mn

I'm a bit behind most others in this thread. I'm towards the end of video 4 about to remove the body to dash connector from the harness.

A couple questions:

1.) I have labelled all the wires and have the "Extension wire - B6" label left over, is this label used later or where do I apply it?

2.) I seem to have 3 remaining, unlabelled wires to the body to dash connector. One of these is a red/white wire that goes to D5 of the small gray multiplug and coming from D3 on the body to dash connector (the accessory plug power wire also shared this pin on the body to dash connector). Does this sound correct? I tend to second guess cutting a power wire, particularly when I don't see it specifically called out in the video. The video shows Lonny cut and remove only 2 wires from this connector, a blue and a green wire.

Thanks.
Yes tan B6 goes from fuel pump splice then a long extended wire all the way back on the clutch pedal you will use it in n video 10 as well as the pink wire, the abs brake res wire, the purple passenger fog light and a spare red from BCM connector. Cut all pedal and clutch wires to 12-15" you will have tons of extra wire left on most of stuff its better to have them longer son you can splice within the harness rather than the extended pig tail.

Also I used the 3 largest ground lugs you will find that most of your grounds only need to be about 10-12" but I had at least 6 that were 7ft long I used those on BCM side of grounds and didn't have to add the 4 6ft extensions at all.

Gsd autos mn

I just completed video 10...
I think it's been going pretty good, but I am left with a couple questions:
@7:17 (step 24 left over positive wire) I don't seem to have a left over positive wire. In the video it looks like it was labeled and I did label everything... Since it's not used should I be worried I can't find it?
Then @ 8:00 (step 27 purple and red wire) I have a purple wire that originates at the fuse box side of the table. It's just barely long enough to get past the EPS mark on the table. Is this probably the right wire? should I extend it?
That red wire comes from the amp radio harness in video 8. I saved every acc wire throughout the build first red comes from fuse box and needs to be spliced after driver headlight.
2nd driver fog purple
3rd passenger fog
4th red white stripe from amp

You'll save a green for horn 2 pinks for acc,red and 1 fog light that hang out at BCM for along time you use these last 5 wires in videos 10-11

KSLunsfo

I've encountered another small issue / minor mishap.

Around 5:20 of video 4 there is a loose wire to a taped union that is to be cut and removed while cutting out the body to dash connector. I seem to have removed the tan fuel pump wire which I believe was T'd into the B6 (Fuel level) wire. What I think I was supposed to remove is a gray wire that is T'd into B5 (clutch(MU3)) of the body to dash connector. Does this sound correct?

I recall thinking: "I thought I was supposed to keep this wire", *shrugs shoulders and cuts and removes the wire...

I realized this mishap in the 0:10 - 0:20 range of video 6 where 3 fuel pump wires are called out for turbo SS donors, I now only have the purple and gray and the tan is gone.

Gsd autos mn

I've encountered another small issue / minor mishap.

Around 5:20 of video 4 there is a loose wire to a taped union that is to be cut and removed while cutting out the body to dash connector. I seem to have removed the tan fuel pump wire which I believe was T'd into the B6 (Fuel level) wire. What I think I was supposed to remove is a gray wire that is T'd into B5 (clutch(MU3)) of the body to dash connector. Does this sound correct?

I recall thinking: "I thought I was supposed to keep this wire", *shrugs shoulders and cuts and removes the wire...

I realized this mishap in the 0:10 - 0:20 range of video 6 where 3 fuel pump wires are called out for turbo SS donors, I now only have the purple and gray and the tan is gone.
So how close to the ECM connnector did you cut your wires off! I didn't remove that cover to cut them close I just taped over everything like lonny did and staggered my cut wires to different sizes.
Your looking for the tan 5 volt reference wire from ECM could be pin 41? Mabey you can just get it back together. I labeled the wire so I wouldn't cut out any with knots or labels.

Attachments

Last edited:

KSLunsfo

So how close to the ECM connnector did you cut your wires off?
The junction of the tan wires (the one I cut) was approximately 10" from the body to dash connector. The junction of the gray wires was about 20" from the body to dash connector.

Tough to see, but the gray junction currently still has all 3 wires.

MisterDave

for some reason I’m still questioning if I pulled the correct red wire for video 10 @7:54. Probably because it is one of the few wires I didn’t label. I traced it back to the bcm multi plug and used the continuity checker. The tester lit up four of the wires. Does this seem correct? If it’s right I can start wrapping up my harness.

Murcielago311

Those should all be battery positive voltage, which is what you want on that wire to power any extra accessories, so I don't think it really matters. But mine was a thicker wire. Think it went to the amp or stereo. Actually I left both.

Attachments

MisterDave

Those should all be battery positive voltage, which is what you want on that wire to power any extra accessories, so I don't think it really matters. But mine was a thicker wire. Think it went to the amp or stereo. Actually I left both.
Thanks again! I'm on the right track then. Your attachment was very helpful.