Off Season Plans?

Dominicnicklyn

Hopefully get the engine to run and get the car on its own suspension!!
I still need to
• sort thru the wiring harness and fix my data issue
• mount my atw intercooler
• fuel lines
• finish up the rear suspension and parking brake
• finish plumbing coolant lines
• fix my clutch line issue going into the trans
• order the button panel and windscreen

The plan is to have it "drivable" before snow fall and street legal before spring ;)

TravMac

The car has really been great this year. Even though I have not made a single race with life happening, the few cruises in a registered car have been a blast. I'm thinking this winter will be a few of the little things (other than just maintenance).

For Driving:
  • Upgraded shifter install
  • Fitted windshield solution
  • Some sort of seat insert for longer drives
  • Think really hard about carbon body/hood... maybe execute this time
  • Figure out my little oil drip. I'd guess a main seal, but that'll be a task
For Racing:
  • Wheels and tires for next season (glad I didn't get them for this year...)
  • Front wing mount re-design
  • Fenders for track days

Dominicnicklyn

The car has really been great this year. Even though I have not made a single race with life happening, the few cruises in a registered car have been a blast. I'm thinking this winter will be a few of the little things (other than just maintenance).

For Driving:
  • Upgraded shifter install
  • Fitted windshield solution
  • Some sort of seat insert for longer drives
  • Think really hard about carbon body/hood... maybe execute this time
  • Figure out my little oil drip. I'd guess a main seal, but that'll be a task
For Racing:
  • Wheels and tires for next season (glad I didn't get them for this year...)
  • Front wing mount re-design
  • Fenders for track days
Your located in MI?
My buddy attended an autocross last year and showed me a pic of your car.

TravMac

Your located in MI?
My buddy attended an autocross last year and showed me a pic of your car.
Yup! I race up with the folks in the Saginaw Valley Region and made nearly every event last year. Wasn't able to make anything this year, but hoping to get back to it soon!

Dominicnicklyn

Yup! I race up with the folks in the Saginaw Valley Region and made nearly every event last year. Wasn't able to make anything this year, but hoping to get back to it soon!
I'm gunna do some track days at waterford and an occasional autocross. I have an LSJ that I plan on going turbo after all the kinks are worked out

Mahkoi

I'm gunna do some track days at waterford and an occasional autocross. I have an LSJ that I plan on going turbo after all the kinks are worked out
I'm about a mile and a half from waterford hills track. I haven't looked into putting the car on their track yet. Maybe eventually.

Dominicnicklyn

I'm about a mile and a half from waterford hills track. I haven't looked into putting the car on their track yet. Maybe eventually.
I would highly recommend it!
I took my daily (chevy sonic turbo hatch) to an OTD and I haven't thought about anything else since. A set up goblin would put most sports cars in their place ; )

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The winter plans/whishes are:
- 3 bar map sensors and stage one tune
- swap my exhaust with a version made by someone who can weld better than I can. This one may wait, it's not leaking just ugly
- get yelled at for having a stack of tires in my house.
I have a tune you can clone when you get your 3 bar maps

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Make my car faster than @SmsDetroit 's /s

But really... Its the winter of making form over function. I'm going to be doing a lot of CNC related projects to tidy up the interior and exterior of the car
  • Fiberglass side pods housing DRZ400 radiators as heat exchangers for the supercharger
  • Maybe a smaller pulley if the radiators work well
  • Front splitter
  • Single piece dash with keyed glovebox
  • Tidy up all the wiring I can
  • Custom wing uprights for NRG 69" wing (so I can turn it right way round lol)
  • New rear tires to put down the powa
There's more I'm forgetting, but that's the main stuff. If any of the CNC stuff (splitter, dash, side pods, wing uprights) interests any of the Michigan guys, follow my build thread. I will probably be able to make multiples if interested.
I’m in for most of your list

Markm

My situation was different than that. I built the Goblin and now the wife wants a project car. New project coming soon....
We’ve always been mustang enthusiasts and she wants a convertible and showed her this and she likes it so we’re going to make a day trip to check y’all’s cars out at goblinfest and be sure it is what she wants. I have a donor car already but I could always fix it and sell if needed

Mahkoi

We’ve always been mustang enthusiasts and she wants a convertible and showed her this and she likes it so we’re going to make a day trip to check y’all’s cars out at goblinfest and be sure it is what she wants. I have a donor car already but I could always fix it and sell if needed
Sadly I won't be at goblinfest but I'm sure there will be plenty there that sell her on how much fun these cars are.

Scott #321

Myself any many others would be more than happy to show you around a couple Goblins at Goblinfest. I can't imagine a better place to research whether or not you want to get into building one than there with so many builders and cars to see.