PARTS? Little bits and stuff found!

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
To Comegetjoe. I'm in no Cobalt land! Hope to find Cobalts in Salt Lake City next week!(a bigger town!)
No worries. My ignition is not going to fall out and I highly doubt someone is going to say "Hey! Whats wrong with your ignition mounting hardware? Loser!" Lmao

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
No worries. My ignition is not going to fall out and I highly doubt someone is going to say "Hey! Whats wrong with your ignition mounting hardware? Loser!" Lmao
You won’t even see it with the hood on anyways. You could always just trim the bolt shaft down a little?

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Comegetjoe. I was in a yard yesterday and the only Cobalt there the column was taken apart. I didn't see any bolts that go in those holes. Maybe go back to goblin tear down video and assembly instructions to see what goes there. I didn't see any hints on parts co's like Rock Auto, sometimes their video's show stuff that is part of the disassembly.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
If you happen to come across a manual cobalt in the yard I’m looking for the spring that’s in the clutch pedal assembly. Found mine broken when I built the goblin. Explains why cruise control never worked in the cobalt all those years
I need to know year!

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Sorry I’ve been slacking on response! It’s a 2006. The spring is inside the pivot area of the clutch pedal. Basically pushes the clutch pedal “out”. Without it my pedal as a little slop to it
OK!! I'll be looking. I'm getting rained on in Provo just now and I doubt I'll see another decent sized yard until I hit Tucson about 11/12. (Moab is not known for it's junkyards, but ya never know?)

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Comegetjoe
[/QUOTE]
I found they are the same on a Malibu. I got you three. I watched a ign switch video and they showed them. I’ll try to get them in the mail on Monday.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Sorry I’ve been slacking on response! It’s a 2006. The spring is inside the pivot area of the clutch pedal. Basically pushes the clutch pedal “out”. Without it my pedal as a little slop to it
MattC Still looking for that spring. No luck in Idaho Falls, Provo, UT or Grand Junction, CO. I'll be in Tucson after Nov 10. I should have better shopping there! 05, 06. 07 maybe? I don't know for sure when the pedal changed but I believe the early style used two switches? Nothing the same at all other than the rubber pedal cover.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
In Tucson now. Several Saturn Ions and an HHR manual!? going to try to pull the clutch pedals out of each. I'll post pix of my finds.

Mattc3366

In Tucson now. Several Saturn Ions and an HHR manual!? going to try to pull the clutch pedals out of each. I'll post pix of my finds.
if you can’t find them it’s no biggie! Just this weekend I was able to rig up a generic spring from ace hardware from the clutch pedal to the power steering motor. It seems to be working good

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
if you can’t find them it’s no biggie! Just this weekend I was able to rig up a generic spring from ace hardware from the clutch pedal to the power steering motor. It seems to be working good
Was using you a an excuse to bump this thread, good job on the ACE hardware fix!