PhilthyM's City Goblin #463 - '10 LS Donor

PhilthyM

My hood is with A2Z paint shop now. Go see Chad or Bailey if you need that resource? They are a couple blocks past the DMV.
I’ll stop by there later this week. I’m looking for someone local to do a custom theme designed wrap on the hood and side panels. Thanks for that info as well.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The string alignment and cheap camber tool has worked great for me. The first couple alignments were tricky but then you get the hang of it. I like being able to adjust all I want without incurring a $200-300 fee each time.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The alignment tools will help a ton. It allows you to adjust and readjust to your liking. Fairly inexpensive investment for the gains.

Corey

I’ll stop by there later this week. I’m looking for someone local to do a custom theme designed wrap on the hood and side panels. Thanks for that info as well.
I stopped by a wrap shop off Markham but the doors were locked. I wanted paint so I moved along.

PhilthyM

UPDATE: I went back to the garage after work and decided to take another look at the alignment. It was “toed in” by almost 2 inches (please don’t say it :)). After correcting it some more, it handles better now! Doesn’t get squirrelly until about 55-60 now…. So I still got some more adjustments to make with the string alignment, but I’m headed in the right direction.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The rear alignment is just as critical, if not more critical to the stability of the handling as the front alignment. Also read through the build logs of those owners who track their Goblins as most have alignment specs listed. These are good for a performance oriented alignment that should still be reasonable for spirited street driving.

PhilthyM

The rear alignment is just as critical, if not more critical to the stability of the handling as the front alignment. Also read through the build logs of those owners who track their Goblins as most have alignment specs listed. These are good for a performance oriented alignment that should still be reasonable for spirited street driving.
I read through a few guy’s logs who track them and they were using about an extra degree of camber on their wheels, if I recall correctly….

The rear alignment was pretty close to spot on when I did it the first time. 1.4 degrees camber on the left and about 1.7 on the right. Toe was slightly less than a 1/4 inch. I didn’t attempt to get it spot on today, but I will when I break out the strings in the upcoming days.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Rear camber, kind of is what it is. theres so little adjustment, you might as well leave it, if it’s close. Adjusting toe takes a lot of measurements to square up with the chassis properly. Once that’s done, it’s easy.

Front, I still like around -.5 camber. Seems to wear tires better and more usable surface area of the tire on the road.

PhilthyM

Finally got a chance to complete the alignment. Let’s just say those original numbers I had were waaaaay off. I followed the instructions from this link. I see why it handled so terribly (excuse the horrible handwriting).

I now got it down to about 2mm toed in on the front and the rear. On the conversion chart, 1/8in is closer to about 3.18mm. Is it worth trying to get that extra millimeter in the toe or this should work fine for a street setup?