Powdercoating thoughts

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’ve been stumbling over all of the color options. I wish there was a computer 3D model to see the results. So far I am thinking of black frame with a very subtle blue pearl (blue flake that is only visible in sunlight). Was debating on doing a seperate aluminum alloy blue on just the f&r control arms that would make them look aluminum and match the tone of the blue pearl of the main frame assembly. Those two colors would tie in well to a two tone blue/black panel scheme. Thoughts?

dperkins

I would be careful going with a dark frame color. It will be a pain to clean. I would much rather go with a flashy and bright color for the frame since this is such a unique car, but that's just me. If you're still considering those two colors, I think that reversing the colors would look better and a light frame with dark accents is better than a dark one with light accents. Just my .02c

theeulogy

Also my train of thought was that since these cars are fairly small and you are in an open car, I wanted to go with as flashy a color as possible so I would be seen.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Good points. Was also thinking of going with a silver/alloy color for the main frame, again possibly with a very subtle blue pearl flake. I really do like the alloy candy blue but it just seems like overkill on the entire frame.
6D1C750D-1F07-4A89-8F10-80A59AABBCE0.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I thought the same thing too when I got our frame home after being coated, it seemed like too much of one thing. However once you get the body and the side panels on, much of it is hidden. Think about the frame and the body combo, keep those two in mind when picking colors.