Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Ross

Goblin Guru
JERMzSS - any issues keeping heat in them?
Jermey mentioned to me that he has never got them up to temperature, so, yes, if you have a light car, it is an issue getting them up to temp. On the bright side, they are still sticky when cold.

Last edited:

JERMzSS

Jeremy mentioned to me that he has never got them up to temperature, so, yes, if you have a light car, it is an issue getting them up to temp. On the bright side, they are still sticky when cold.
Yes that's correct ive never really had the chance yet to see what they can do. They are 275s i think the wheels kinda make them look a little bigger than they are.

One good thing I've noticed with our cars is the sun really helps bring the tires up to temperature. Im gona monitor these pretty close to see how they heat up and cool down between rounds.

The 2 times i took these out they were already out performing my other tires even tho they were cold (60ish degrees). I highly recommend 200 tread wear and down on the goblins.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Guess how much my frame weighs? I will reveal my frame weight tomorrow, and we will see whose guess is closest. It is a stripped down, even took the cover off the center tunnel, no paint, city frame, easy entry, extended length. I didn't want to unbend the the clutch and brake line, so those are included in the weight, but they are only ounces in weight. The bathroom scale is a strain gauge, which is pretty accurate.
20190130_112852.jpg

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Am I allowed to guess?

Also, you can remove the lines without altering their shape. If you pop the clutch line out of the tunnel and over toward the passenger side you should be able to snake it out of the front of the chassis. You'll have to rotate it around to get it through the bars at the front and between the lower fuel tank rail and the rear floor tube but you won't have to bend or unbend it at all.

JERMzSS

Am I allowed to guess?

Also, you can remove the lines without altering their shape. If you pop the clutch line out of the tunnel and over toward the passenger side you should be able to snake it out of the front of the chassis. You'll have to rotate it around to get it through the bars at the front and between the lower fuel tank rail and the rear floor tube but you won't have to bend or unbend it at all.
I vote yes lol

263.2lbs is my guess

Ross

Goblin Guru
Sure Adam. I am guessing you have weighed a few before, but I'm curious how much the weight changes based on the options. How much does a track frame add? 12 pounds? Extended frame, 8 pounds? Easy entry saves 1 pound?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
There's no way it's even close to 250 lbs. :) I could be way off or just stronger than I think. My vote is closer to 200 lbs. My official answer is 205.