SOLD Cobalt SS Steering Rack

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
2007 Cobalt SS Steering Rack. Bought by mistake, don't need it anymore.

Can be shipped.

PM me with your offer.

RobC76

Asked about changing ratio and he commented it was **** near 5k for engineering, tooling and machining. Obviously not worth it. This guy that rebuilds them was very involved in NASCAR and built all of the steering gears for Hendrick for years. Sponsored me in the ARCA series back in 07, 08. Very knowledgeable guy. I like the idea of rebuilding original vs buying something that was rebuilt who knows where. Please take no offense to that.
thank you

RobC76

So it’s an original GM part. Sorry I’m confused. Didn’t know anyone was building new racks. What would you like for it. I’d buy it to see what’s in it for parts if it’s reasonable.
Thanks

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Changing the 'ratio' for steering can be accomplished in a couple ways. The 'feel' can be made more sensitive by using a smaller diameter steering wheel. The shorter radius to the location of your hand(s) on the steering wheel requires less motion to achieve the same turn as a larger diameter steering wheel - even though the physical ratio of the steering gear does not change. The physical ratio can be altered by shortening the length of the steering control arms, which makes the angular change of the steering greater for the same amount of throw from the steering rack. But the Ackerman and bump steer will also be affected and will need to be corrected too. Just some alternatives to think about versus the seemingly expensive steering rack ratio change.

duthehustle93

Just wanted to post up and mention that Mike was an awesome seller! Very honest and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to buy other stuff from him if any of his other items he has for sale applied to my build.