Suspension bushing material

Discussion in 'Disassembling and prepping' started by Andy, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Andy

Andy Member

I am thinking about replacing the control arm bushings with the OEM rubber or urethane bushings. Anybody do the urethane ones? I have done them on cars but not sure how the goblin will react to the harder material. Thought it will be too rough a ride.

Thanks for the help.

2. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

3. Adam

Adam Administrator Staff Member

Silverback likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy Member

Thanks guys. Almost got my donor stripped. I think I will go with the moog bushings.

5. Silverback

Silverback Active Member

For what it's worth, Moog has a zinc-plated control arm bushing specifically for the FE3 and FE5 aluminum control arms. The Moog part number is K201285. It's more expensive, although there may be two to a box. If you use the less expensive unplated version - if it fits - you might want to use a liberal coating of anti-seize to avoid electro-galvanic corrosion between the steel and aluminum.

6. Waterdriver

Waterdriver Member

I believe Whiteline makes control arm bushings that are a cross between urathane and rubber.
    Just came across this site yesterday and I'm leaning towards these bushings.

http://raceconsultingagency.com

Whiteline Synthetic Elastomer Bushings

7. PHerder

PHerder Well-Known Member

8. PHerder

PHerder Well-Known Member

Also, the Whiteline part numbers for the lower control arm replacement bushings (only parts available) W53315 and W53316 are available thru a bunch of suppliers, to include Amazon, Summit Racing and others. All for ~ the same cost. Main difference may be the shipping cost...

I did a Google search using Whiteline and then the part numbers.