Texas Registration

Discussion in 'Registering for road use' started by Adam, May 16, 2016.

1. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

All by mail

2. PG5

PG5 Active Member

Do you remember what form you filled out? I tried transferring the title and it was rejected because I didn't have a signed copy of the title (I did send my Copart Receipt). I think I filled out the wrong form.

3. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

Oh you’ll definitely need the original tile to transfer into your name. Otherwise you have to go through the whole bonded process etc, totally not worth it.

If you don’t have the original then I wouldn’t worry about it. You definitely should have if you bought from Copart though.

PG5 likes this.
  4. PG5

PG5 Active Member

Hmm, I never received the title from Copart. I guess I should call them about that.

5. Bretter

Bretter Member

Thanks JSATX - I went down to the county tax office (can't do it at the title office - they sent me to the tax office... go figure) and they said not to make the change. I told them it was recommended to me and was <$20 or so and they said "nope don't worry about it."

My experience is certainly different than yours so I documented what I did, what they said and hopefully it won't be a problem later down the road! Thanks for the help!

6. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

Rather or not you transfer it to your name, you should still get it from Copart. My salvage yard would not accept it without the title.

7. PG5

PG5 Active Member

Oh, I chopped that car into pieces and sold it for scrap. :D No Title required.

But I did contact Copart and they're sending me the title. Thanks for the suggestion!