Texas Registration

Discussion in 'Registering for road use' started by Adam, May 16, 2016.

  1. JSATX

    JSATX Well-Known Member

    All by mail
  2. PG5

    PG5 Active Member

    Do you remember what form you filled out? I tried transferring the title and it was rejected because I didn't have a signed copy of the title (I did send my Copart Receipt). I think I filled out the wrong form.
  3. JSATX

    JSATX Well-Known Member

    Oh you’ll definitely need the original tile to transfer into your name. Otherwise you have to go through the whole bonded process etc, totally not worth it.

    If you don’t have the original then I wouldn’t worry about it. You definitely should have if you bought from Copart though.
    PG5 likes this.
  4. PG5

    PG5 Active Member

    Hmm, I never received the title from Copart. I guess I should call them about that.
  5. Bretter

    Bretter Member

    Thanks JSATX - I went down to the county tax office (can't do it at the title office - they sent me to the tax office... go figure) and they said not to make the change. I told them it was recommended to me and was <$20 or so and they said "nope don't worry about it."

    My experience is certainly different than yours so I documented what I did, what they said and hopefully it won't be a problem later down the road! Thanks for the help!
  6. JSATX

    JSATX Well-Known Member

    Rather or not you transfer it to your name, you should still get it from Copart. My salvage yard would not accept it without the title.
  7. PG5

    PG5 Active Member

    Oh, I chopped that car into pieces and sold it for scrap. :D No Title required.

    But I did contact Copart and they're sending me the title. Thanks for the suggestion!

Share This Page