Trailer wrap

Jareth

Goblin Guru
May I ask if you installed the receiver yourself, what was used to cut the opening before welding it in?

I see on Amazon they have 6" and 12" receivers which would I want?

socaljeff3798

May I ask if you installed the receiver yourself, what was used to cut the opening before welding it in?

I see on Amazon they have 6" and 12" receivers which would I want?

Hey Jareth. I did not cut a hole in the subframe. I simpley bought an adapter and cut it the leignth. I wanted it. I wanted it short as possible. Then I used a die grinder to grind it to fit the sub frame. Then just did a butt weld. If you have a good welder do it it's plenty strong. My trailer weighs about 250 and maybe no more than a 100 pounds would ever be in the trailer. Just have to find the center of the subframe and the better your fit meaning no gaps the stronger your welding will be. Pretty simple really. I hope that helps and you are always welcome to call me if you have questions. 951-317-9307

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks, that will be easier than trying to cut a square for the receiver to slide into and then weld. I was looking for an excuse to purchase one of those "Contour Gauges" that I keep seeing commercials on. I think it will help to transfer the shape I need to use the die grinder on?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
SoCal,
would you be able to take a close up picture of how you contoured the receiver and welded it?