Turn signal issue

ToxicBill

OK - I installed a set of the 50W 6ohm resistors to have the turn signals blink at their normal cadence. I also installed a CHMSL (link) with a 5W 100ohm between the brake light and ground.

With the key in the run position (but not cranked up), everything works great. Both turn signals do their thing, the CHMSL does it's thing, brake lights do their thing, and the hazards do their thing.

Now the issue - when the car is running, both turn signals do a fast blink every other blink. I removed the turn signal from the CHMSL unit but it still does it. I also removed the 100ohm resistor, same thing.

I also noticed today that, when testing cruise control, I couldn't get it to engage but the text area of the gauge cluster would flash "cruise engaged" just long enough for me to see then it would go away and I never had cruise.

I'm at a bit of a loss here . . My only thought at this point is that the voltage different between the car running and not running (14V vs 12V) is right at the edge of what the BCM needs to sense to hyperflash or not. I'm thinking both issues are related . . . . but that's all I've got.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

ToxicBill

I may have to try this:

Good thing I ordered two extra. I'll install those in the front when I install the replacement side mirrors/turn signals.

Search first . . . then post.