Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

Ross

Goblin Guru
Might be the ABS computer plug.
The defroster wire wasn't long enough, or I cut it wrong, but I ended up using my own wire for the front radiator fan power wire.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Or the ABS system plug. In that case. Those brown and brown with black stripe wires need to be looped to continue its path. Those are the Data wires. I hava a SC too and the defroster wire wasnt long enough for me so i used another wire for the radiator fan.
Awesome that makes sense now I have placed an extra wire for the brake and radiator to cover those two for later.

Does your SC have the blue and purple plug ? I can’t seem to find that one anywhere and not sure what connections are in it.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I am in the same boat as you right now. My friend that runs a automotive repair shop gave me his log in for all data. Life saver. The defroster wire ended up being a purple wire in the white rectangle fuse block E1 is the location.

Believe that purple wire was actually the power wire for the sunroof if your donor had one.

I too couldn't find my light blue back up wire either and finally said F it and moved on.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I am in the same boat as you right now. My friend that runs a automotive repair shop gave me his log in for all data. Life saver. The defroster wire ended up being a purple wire in the white rectangle fuse block E1 is the location.

Believe that purple wire was actually the power wire for the sunroof if your donor had one.

I too couldn't find my light blue back up wire either and finally said F it and moved on.

Huge Life Saver ! Wow I need that kind of data in my life. Its a shame cars don't come with this info when you buy them new.

Dylan Stan

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
If you don't have that exact connector don't worry.

Yours probably looks like this.

It does connect to the engine harness (not actual location was just checking that it did mate up).

Vegas Roy

Hello world ,

I’m joining the fun and building Chassis 162 located in Richmond virginia

I purchased my donor car this past Tuesday locally for 2700 it’s a 2007 ss/sc with a whooping 197k miles on it.
Compression looks decent car still pulls strong. Has a little rattle at startup that goes away after it warms up. Oil is dirty and spark plugs are worn to the nubbins. Clutch looks new !

Where do people sell unused unwanted parts from donors ?
Hey. I am building#164 and live in the Short Pump area. (Just West of Richmond for the group) Small world.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
If you wanted to hook the parking brake wire back up its pin #14 on the BCM plug.

Does anyone know if we have to have this for some reason?

Vegas Roy

That's awesome ! I'm 20 mins west on 64. Do you plan on driving out to get your frame or have it delivered ?
You must be near me. I'm in Twin Hickory, near Deep Run HS. I'm working in Texas, currently. Plan to build it here. I was at their shop a few weeks ago. I have my truck and trailer here. Shoot me a text 804-543-7875.

ccannx

Goblin Guru

Yours probably looks like this.

It does connect to the engine harness (not actual location was just checking that it did mate up).

I do have that one ! The black,green,grey,redw/black tracer and lite blue got to the top plug on the ecu. I have the light green and blue coiled up and a tan one going to this giant connector.

Attachments

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Looks like that data wire loops through the big plug maybe abs plug from the ecu and then on to the dash harness that was on the drivers side.
I followed what Chad did from this thread on those wires.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I followed what Chad did from this thread on those wires.

Thought I saw that one before and was looking for it. I cut them from the abs plug and connected them straight to the dash connector from the ecu looks like what chad did in that thread.

Last edited:

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Those are for the daytime running lamps. And yes, they're typically melted because GM designed them to basically be a resistor to drop the voltage so the day running lights aren't as bright. They can be eliminated no issues.