Corey's track Goblin #261 LSJ-T swapped 06 Donor G85, Cont.........

Corey

Swapped out standard spark plugs for the iridium plugs I had in the garage, No particular reason.

Test drive mostly cause it's dark and wanted to drive at night.

Idle/surge seems to be back but.....P0113 did not occur.

Decel/stall still an issue.

Edit***
Need to swap back to standard spark plugs and see if idle/surge and P0113 are effected?

Corey

Can't find 5th or reverse yet....just needs adjusting is my guess.
Has anyone installed this shifter? I think I got it right but can't get into reverse, anyone have advise or better yet actual install instructions?
20230728_185716.jpg

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Here is a map of the transmission levers.

Since you are able to get to A and B, and not C and D, you need to move the 2 nuts that half in view, up.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
5th is a little hard to find on that one and reverse is way the heck over and down. I use my knee to nudge my hand and shift lever over to hit reverse. You’ll need to add a stiff leg to stabilize the tunnel cap too. The movement in the tunnel cap will keep the shifter from working properly.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes, those 2 nuts can lower or raise the cable-to-lever distance. Your bottom/left-most cable isn't pulling the lever far enough, so backing up the cable will help.
Your cable is adjusted to be as short as possible (all the threads are on top), so backing that up should be easy.
You can also back up the cable at the other end, beside the shifter.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I think the original setup advice I got was for the nuts to be in the middle. Even with them there, I had to move mine in the direction Ross is suggesting to get 5th and reverse consistently.

Corey

Made about 15 mins of adjustments, 5th and reverse are now working!
5th is a little hard to find still but may trouble shoot that a little more later.

Feeling stoked!!!

Corey

Running very rich, idle/surge is back intermittently but still only 3 codes. The decel/stall issue has become intermittent as well. MVPI ordered and on the way, maybe a little tuning can resolve this next week?

Corey

Stretched my test drive out to 2 miles. No engine issues other than running so rich.

New shifter is working in just right!

Got up to about 40 mph an she felt a little "loose", actual alignment feels good but probably still needs a pro's touch.

Corey

Did you order a wideband O2 system too? Or do you have that already?
Not sure what original builder did with sensor, wideband or not. I have not looked into that yet....other than I am sitting on couch reading about it! Creepy haha!

Plugs definitely show "carbon fouling". I did have an O2 code last week but it went away and has not returned yet.

Honestly at this point I am very pleased that I can walk out and start her with out a concern now.

1 step at a time! My hood is scheduled for paint Aug 7th!

Sooooo current issues are...
Idle/surge
Rich AFR
decel/stall

BTW thanks for any help and advise you have given so far. Same to other members as well!!

Corey

Finally home from work assignment and the goblin is running well. Got the 1.0 HPT uploaded and logged my initial drive with the new tune (7 mins). The engine stall on decel appears to be a thing of the past!!! I can still smell fuel so maybe running a little rich still.
Got up to 52 mph and she is all over the road. Next order of business is measurements and alignment!!!
Got the drive log emailed to ZZP for review.