DFKC Webcam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
We've had some old security cams up on our buildings for a while but never had them hooked up. We decided to get one of them hooked up so you guys can see what we are up to. Right now the camera is aimed at our frame jig so that you can see us working on floors.

I'd like to make accessing the camera easier but for now, you are going to have to follow these steps and view the camera on your phone. I've only tried this on Android so you iOS guys might have to help me get instructions for your systems.

1. Download an app called "XMEye". This is a camera viewing app that is compatible with our DVR box.
2. Open the app and click 'Local Login' at the bottom
3. Click the + sign to add a DVR device.
4. Name the device whatever you want and in the serial number area type b3e8659ce6ace6b0 or scan this QR coder with the app by pressing the QR code icon at the end of the serial number entry box. QR Code: https://goo.gl/photos/x3r2n2DJuhEmZm2v9
5. Press Go.
6. Touch the DVR you just made and select CAM01.

At this point you should see the blue frame jig on screen. The app includes camera controls at the bottom but our camera doesn't have those features so don't expect them to work. The app stretches the view so things might look out of round on your device but don't worry, we don't use oval shaped wheels on our cars.

I have no way of knowing if you are viewing the camera so if it works, or if it doesn't, let me know.

Last edited:

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
That's good to hear Paul.

We are done for the day. We will be back on the floors tomorrow morning.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Back at the shop now. We are continuing on with the floors. There are only 5 standard length floors left to do. After we finish those, we will adapt the frame jig to make the extended length floors.

We are thinking about setting up a portable webcam system so that we can stream video from wherever we are working in the shop. If you are interested in seeing live video of us working, let me know here on the forum or by email at [email protected].

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Finished the last of the standard length floors. Heading to lunch now.

We will be back later and will probably do a little bit of work on the fiberglass nose for P2 so that everyone can see a track frame Goblin with a body.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Back at the shop now.

We've decided to work on the nose for P2. It has already been laid up so the next step is to do a rough trim to fit it around the control arms. In the future we will have a template for doing this but for now we will do it by hand. After we get it in place, we will work on the mounts front and rear to hold the nose in place. Once the mounts are installed, we will do a final trim to clean up the rough cuts and then prep the nose for paint.

Edit: We added another camera to the system to show the trimming process. The frame jig camera is CAM01 and this new camera is CAM02.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Heading home now. We got the rough cut finished on the nose for P2. Tomorrow we'll continue on the nose.

RichN

The girls loved watching you weld up the frames earlier today. They asked if it was our frame, I said it could be.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Rich: It's definitely possible one of those was yours. Ownership won't be determined until we start building the rest of the frame though. Right now they are all identical except for the one that is going to be used as an off road prototype. We are going to mount the radiator away from the nose to protect it so the frame is slightly different.

We are working on P2's nose this morning. The next step is to attach mounts to hold the rear of the nose to the frame. We will be using fiberglass and resin to connect the mounts. While the fiberglass cures we will be working on the turbo shop car. We will see about setting up a camera near the turbo car so you guys can see that too.

rallyracer

Can you please keep posting pictures too, either here or on FB.

The cam isn't working for me at the moment.

rallyracer

Have your come up with a way, or is there already a place where a front wing will be able to securely mount too?

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Rallyracer: I can post on Facebook too. Probably the best place to follow us is on Instagram. We find it to be the easiest for us to quickly post photos of what we are doing. Follow adam.dfkitcar and lonny.dfkitcar.

We are going to be making a front wing that will either attach to the nose or to the front control arm mounts.

For those that can get the app working, we've got another camera up. CAM03 is on the opposite wall from CAM01 and is currently showing the turbo build.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Today's goal is to adapt the frame jig for the extended frames and get the extended floors welded up.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Today's goal is to get our shop-built CNC tube notcher disassembled, painted and reassembled. The machine is pretty long so it doesn't quite fit in the frame of CAM02. After we paint it, we will assemble it in the main building so that you can see it on CAM01 and CAM03.

SinisterSF

Adam said:
We are going to be making a front wing that will either attach to the nose or to the front control arm mounts.
I want one! Post pics as soon as you have one prototyped out.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
The CNC plasma cutter is back together. Now we've got to calibrate it and do some test runs to make sure everything works as it should.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
See the CNC plasma cutter in action here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGIoLJVBi8B/

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
You might not see much of us today because we are over in the machine shop making pieces. There are no cameras in that building.