First Start - no crank condition...

Astraeus

Problem solved! It was simple, but not obvious. BCM X2. The little green plastic slider piece inside it was bent somehow, and that prevented it from fully seating.

IMG_20190225_220500.jpg

When connecting it, the lever slides and locks, and you can feel the plug get pulled into the BCM. From the top it looks fully seated (and there are wires over it because I haven't wrapped my harness yet). I pulled the BCM off to check all the fuses etc and when putting it back I didn't reattach it to the wall first. That's when I noticed the front half of the plug was not fully seated.

IMG_20190225_220518.jpg

I messed with it a bit and took out the piece of plastic that was the issue. With X2 fully connected, the security light goes out, it tells me I have low fuel and low coolant and displays the air temp, all things it did not do before. It also cranks, and starts! Thanks everyone for the help! One more thing to add to the list of things to check if your engine won't crank.

Jlarson524

Trying to start goblin for first time. Power to gauge panel as expected. Turn key to start position and nothing.

- Confirmed butterfly throttle moves when throttle is pushed
- Can hear throttle body motor reset when cycling key off and to start position
- Confirmed ground connections from neg battery connection to: BCM rear ground lug, pedal box ground, floor board ground, engine block ground under intake
- Confirmed data wire continuity from brown/black-brown wires at ECM top connector wires to BCM grey connector wires (is there another critical connection required here?)

Things to note, in case they matter.
- Positive battery cable connects directly to starter. Another cable goes from same starter lug to fuse box starter post.
- Brake oil sensor plug not connected, need to extend this cable to get it to reach, when i get time

Looking for help with troubleshooting...
Can you send me a picture of where the positive battery cable attaches to the starter and from there where it goes to the positive post on the fuse box?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
This purple wire?
That purple wire is originally from your donors fog lamp. It will turn on when you push the ACC button on your button panels. You can use it for turning on accessory lights or Street glow lights. There is also a purple wire up front and it also comes on with the ACC button.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
It turns out that if you have the fusible link between the starter and the alternator connected to the lower terminal of the starter, the throttle body, dash, and other things will indicate that everything is fine, but the thing won't crank. I finally figured that issue out tonight and now it runs.

Last edited: