Nuker's City Goblin build - 2007 SS SC Donor

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by TheNuker, Jul 6, 2016.

1. TheNuker

TheNuker Well-Known Member

Well 500 miles down in 3 days! What a blast. Looking forward to the windshield, sand stings!

No problems at all so far, Have you guys that are on the road gone back and checked torque of all of the bolts after driving a few hundred miles? I'm thinking about going back over the car with a torque wrench. Hopefully will be able to drive down to Dallas and get body panels/windshield installed in a couple weeks.

Nuker-

2. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

I've been saying I was going to do that for months. Haven't been driving lately because of the heat but I'm taking it on COTA at the end of the month so will definitely do a complete preflight inspection before then. I'm super excited to get on that track.

3. TheNuker

TheNuker Well-Known Member

Alignment is done, Shop just called. As I suspected my eyes are not straight lol. Apparently my back wheels and the fronts were off almost 1 degree each. So i'm looking forward to the street car takeover!

Nuker-

4. JSATX

JSATX Well-Known Member

Should be much more stable now!

5. DanPerryy

DanPerryy Well-Known Member

I did my own alignment and it is great. It turns out it is pretty easy to setup front camber. I was worried that it would be a pain to adjust the heim joints but it was really easy.

6. Silverback

Silverback Active Member

Dan, can you submit a photo showing how many threads were visible on each of the front suspension joints? That should be a good starting point if our cars are similar.

7. DanPerryy

DanPerryy Well-Known Member

I will do that, not home now. That (comparing - counting threads) was my starting point with one of Lonny's cars. This was for both caster and camber setup - I did set the toe initially by measurement. Eyeballing it just does not work. When I drove it after the initial setup - just counting threads the car was really dodgey - actually scary to drive - it would dart. I just want to set expectations that without actually getting the caster, camber and toe set to real values don't expect it to handle.

TheNuker and Silverback like this.