Stretch’s ext. track goblin #386 SS/TC

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Some of your logs do show CL-Normal, so it is possible that it's getting outside of what it expects on the trims and then faulting. I sent some info in a reply to your PM, but the -90% trim is including a value for B2 which you don't have. HPT will give you channels that you don't really have and return some bogus value. Never run channels/pids you don't have.

The newer HPT scanner software handles trouble codes a little different than the older version I normally run, and I'm not sure if the log is recording them anymore. So hard to say what is setting the CL-Fault. But i think this doesn't mean it's not in CL. Instead, it is in CL but thinks there may be a problem with it or has no way to confirm it is correct.

Stretch2126

Some of your logs do show CL-Normal, so it is possible that it's getting outside of what it expects on the trims and then faulting. I sent some info in a reply to your PM, but the -90% trim is including a value for B2 which you don't have. HPT will give you channels that you don't really have and return some bogus value. Never run channels/pids you don't have.

The newer HPT scanner software handles trouble codes a little different than the older version I normally run, and I'm not sure if the log is recording them anymore. So hard to say what is setting the CL-Fault. But i think this doesn't mean it's not in CL. Instead, it is in CL but thinks there may be a problem with it or has no way to confirm it is correct.
I’m going to try to run the car with right channels tomorrow and see if I can get it closer if it doesn’t rain. If anything see if the percent gets closer.

Stretch2126

Finally got the tune close to sorted out. Dyno runs are pretty fun picked up 20 horse with a little less boost and bumped timing a bit up top. Peak power is about 5500 but it only drops 2-3 hp up to 6100. It doesn’t feel like it falls off now.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
For best results disassemble slowly and methodically. May want to check for broken ring before disassembly. With bore scope recheck top of piston above the top ring land. Engine doesn't have to lose much there before top ring will not seal.

Stretch2126

Valve spring let go on the exhaust side. They’re only a month old and I was easy on them the first couple rides. Installed heights were all close so I’m not sure if it was just a lucky one. Now trying to find out if the valve is bent, burnt, or seat is knocked.
IMG_3021.jpeg

Stretch2126

Good news! I took the cam follower off and tapped the valve to clear it just in case. Regained compression, leaving me to believe the lifter overextended and locked and caused part of the issue. Gonna get a lottery ticket later probably.

Stretch2126

Are you going to do any further disassembly to determine why this happened - and maybe look for any other possible damage? Just curious.
I’ve borescoped the cylinder and it looks fine. Full compression can back and the valve moves freely. I had a hiccup with the lifers before but I don’t know if that would directly cause a broken spring.