Wide wheel options

Dominicnicklyn

It's about time for me to get serious and get my actual wheel and tire setup. I want r1r's for tires but I'm having trouble finding any wheels wide enough for my preference.

I'm looking for 17x10 all around. Ik that people run smaller setups for weight and tire Temps, but I want to be able to rotate them bc I'm young and poor.

What is everyone running? Bonus points if you can find them in bronze with a less aggressive offset.

WA08TC

Was looking at 17x9 konig heliogram in bronze. +25 offset. Decided to go 15s for the look. The konigs are pretty light too. I think depending on what your doing some 275 or 255/40/17 on those konigs would look legit.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
17x9 wheels can accommodate 245 to 285 tires - 295 if they are pinched. There are several choices out there in this size, depending upon the bolt circle pattern for the hubs chosen. VORS makes affordable wheels in the 17x9 size in the correct bolt patterns - just not bronze. If your hard set on 17x10 wheels expect to pay LOTS more money - same for the tires to go with those wheels. Not certain if poor can translate well into a steamroller wheel and tire package, but it's your money and spend it as you see fit.

Dominicnicklyn

17x9 wheels can accommodate 245 to 285 tires - 295 if they are pinched. There are several choices out there in this size, depending upon the bolt circle pattern for the hubs chosen. VORS makes affordable wheels in the 17x9 size in the correct bolt patterns - just not bronze. If your hard set on 17x10 wheels expect to pay LOTS more money - same for the tires to go with those wheels. Not certain if poor can translate well into a steamroller wheel and tire package, but it's your money and spend it as you see fit.
9's would suffice for sure, I was just thinking with track days in mind. I could always have them coated in bronze. I'd just hate to have new wheels stripped and redone.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Forgestar will made (mostly) whatever you want. I went with

Wheels
Forgestar F14
Semi concave
Matte black
17x9
65.1 hub
5x110
Backspace +10
Weigh 22-25#

I can use 245 to 285 without problems.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
If you're set on R1R's, this would be my pick (screengrab from Fitment Industries). But R1R's being directional means you can only rotate front to back. If you were to go with an RT615K+, V730, or R888R you could rotate all the way around. The MR147 in 17x8 is 18.6lb as well, but 245 is about as wide as you can go on an 8" wheel. I still think a 245 is plenty though.

duthehustle93

9's would suffice for sure, I was just thinking with track days in mind. I could always have them coated in bronze. I'd just hate to have new wheels stripped and redone.
Are you looking for 10's for aesthetic preference, or for performance? Unless your running an absurd amount of power, these cars are extremely light and you are not going to benefit by going wider than 8-9."

The market is a lot more limited when you go above 9.5," but Konig has a couple 10" offerings, and I believe RPF1's are offered in 10" as well. I've been extremely happy with Konig's value, they're one of the cheapest out there but offer a high quality wheel. RPF1's are also shockingly durable for their weight and price, they've stayed true after taking some hits that would have bent other brands. Odd note on RPF1's, I've had some issues with them flinging wheel weights. One of our cars with 17x9's didn't have this issue, but another car with 15x8's flung off all wheel weights on the first stint on a hot summer day. The landing area on the backside of the spokes where you stick on the wheel weights is tapered, so they have a tendency to fling off when exceeding the double sided tape temperature. I know you can tape the weights down, but we didn't do it since none of our other wheel sets have this issue.