MJP61 Street Goblin - 10 LS Donor - #297

MJP61

Good news, bad news, lol. I fixed the brake light problem. I had to calibrate the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. I am trying to wire up the buttons for the dash panel. My car does'nt have cruise, so i have only the Hazard, Info, and Enter button. I got the hazard button working. I cant seem to get the other 2 to work. Do I have to have both info and enter buttons hooked up at the same time to get them to work? What voltage or ground should be on the G/W wire?

ATMironov

Good news, bad news, lol. I fixed the brake light problem. I had to calibrate the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. I am trying to wire up the buttons for the dash panel. My car does'nt have cruise, so i have only the Hazard, Info, and Enter button. I got the hazard button working. I cant seem to get the other 2 to work. Do I have to have both info and enter buttons hooked up at the same time to get them to work? What voltage or ground should be on the G/W wire?
How did you calibrate the brake light swithc?
I tried to calibrate mine, but couldn't get it to work...

MJP61

The hazard button is a simple latching switch. The info/enter buttons need a voltage divider.

Lonny has a good visual here: https://www.dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/late-model-button-panel-wiring-diagram.693/#post-11015
Thank you for the reply. I am looking at the diagram provided by Lonny. I think i am doing the wiring correctly. I have 2 switches wired in parallel going to the dg/w and grey wires with the resistor on the grey wire on the switch. Are the switches supposed to be normally open or closed? I have ground on the grey wire with ignition off. When ignition is turned on, the grey wire gets 12 Volts. I think that when you press the switch the voltage goes to the cluster. Depending on which switch you press, you would get certain voltages going to the cluster due to the resistors on the switch. Should I have anything (positive or negative)on the dg/w wire with the ignition on?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
The switches should be normally open. The D-GN/W wire is the input for the cluster so I wouldn't expect it to have any voltage unless one of the buttons is pushed.

Here's the actual schematic for the controls.

MJP61

Can anyone confirm if they have any voltage on the Dark Green/White wire that goes from the cluster to the dash buttons? On my car, with the cluster plugged in, I have 10.3 Volts DC on the DG/W wire with key on engine off. Not sure if this is a short to power or if its correct.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
According to the diagram above you shouldn't have power on the green w/ white unless you have a button engaged. If you unplug the cluster and have voltage on it then, you need to work your way back and see where you pick up voltage.

MJP61

According to the diagram above you shouldn't have power on the green w/ white unless you have a button engaged. If you unplug the cluster and have voltage on it then, you need to work your way back and see where you pick up voltage.
I only have voltage when the cluster is plugged in. When cluster is unplugged, wire has nothing on it.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
That doesn't sound right. I can check mine this evening if no one else responds, or at least check the cluster schematics to see if it is possible.

MJP61

I have also tried to touch the dg/w wire to the grey wire with the 1270 resistor in series. And nothing happens on the cluster.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I don't think that means anything. What the system is trying to do is supply a varying voltage to the cluster through the resistors when you push the switches. Touching the grey to dg/w would only supply a 12V and the system wouldn't know what to do with that.

Do you get a voltage on the dg/w when you push the buttons, cluster unplugged?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I really can’t get to my IPC plug without more time than I have tonight and the wiring diagram shows the dg/w tying into a pull up resistor in the cluster. I honestly don’t know what a pull-up resistor would do, although I doubt that it would cause an output voltage on that wire. Hopefully someone else will respond. If not I may be able to tear into mine and check for Voltage tomorrow evening.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Any luck with this? If not I’ll try and tear into mine enough tomorrow to check for voltage on the dg/w wire.

MJP61

Any luck with this? If not I’ll try and tear into mine enough tomorrow to check for voltage on the dg/w wire.
I think I found the problem. I have to confirm tomorrow. I was wiring the switch according to the diagram, but the switches I’m using weren’t working. So i used the factory switches and figured out what each wire did when I pushed the buttons. Then I did same with my aftermarket switches. I have to wire them all up tomorrow and double check everything works properly. Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

MJP61

Long time no post. I am looking to start the registration process. I am going the Montana route. Is first step to obtain MCO or establish an LLC ?

KSLunsfo

I believe they will no longer put LLCs on the MCOs. I had to have the car signed over to my LLC and notarized. I'm pretty sure DF will only put your name on the MCO if you were the legal buyer of the kit.