Recent content by andyseavers

1. andyseavers

Andy’s Charleston extended City Goblin #308 - 05 SS/SC

I have power to my kit car, but when I go to turn the ignition, I get a click. It’s similar to as as if you try and start an automatic car while the car is in drive rather than park. My car is a manual. I have it in the middle position which I believe is neutral. Does one of the sensors need to...
  2. andyseavers

The B+ post is currently connected to this wire Is the other end of this wire here?
  3. andyseavers

@Robinjo 1. I’m wondering if the sensor is perhaps bad. Good to know that is neutral. I wasn’t 100% sure. 2. This is likely why my fuse box isn’t connected to the starter. Going to look at this tonight after my son goes to sleep. 3. can you send through a screenshot? I believe so, but as a...
  4. andyseavers

- Attached the purple wire. That makes sense! - when I turn the key to start, I hear a click from the BCM. I’m wondering if I need to get the car in neutral (not sure what it’s in now). - still stumped as to why there isn’t a connection from the B+ post to the starter. Since DF built my harness...
  5. andyseavers

@Ross @Robinjo okay, that is the problem! I ran a line from the starter to that post and I got power. How is the B+ terminal supposed to connect to the starter? Is the little purple wire supposed to be connected to that little terminal?
  6. andyseavers

@Ross just to confirm. You are referencing this? Am I correct to connect this black wire to this terminal? @Robinjo I can’t confirm I have the engine/transmission grounded. I’ll try that as well.
  7. andyseavers

@Ross DF did my harness. Not getting 12v at the jump post (I’m assuming this is the jump post?) also it is a new batter on a tender. Battery is good.
  8. andyseavers

I can’t get power. Maybe someone can help. Here are some pictures for someone to call out if something would cause it to not complete the circuit. 1. Three ground wires to the frame on the driver side, under the fuse box. This should have three, correct? 2. I don’t have these hooked up 3. or...
  9. andyseavers

Fuel Pump Module Interchangibility

For anyone who may see this post in the future, here’s what I learned. If your harness has a black 4 pin connector like mine (see below picture), then you will need an 06 fuel pump. The black harness should plug directly into the fuel pump. If your fuel pump has the green connector below, you’ll...
  10. andyseavers

Yeah this is has had me confused for 4 months. The 05 fuel pumps are totally different. I just ordered an 06 and it should plug in directly as you stated above.
  11. andyseavers

I’m now 99% sure that they wired in for an 06 cobalt fuel pump. That black harness looks identical to the 06 harness that goes directly into the fuel pump. Ordered an 06 fuel pump and hopefully this search is over.
  12. andyseavers

DF built my harness. I have no idea where those 4 blacks wires in the black harness above are going in the fuse box. The whole thing is wrapped tight with electrical tape.
  13. andyseavers

Can someone please help me figure out how to get the fuel pump harness to connect? It seems to be that these two harnesses need to be connected, but I don’t know what colors the 4 pin connector are:
  14. andyseavers

Finally some updates! Shout out to @kano501 for the help last weekend. Here’s what I have left before my first start. 1. I broke my fuel pump and now I’m trying to get it hooked up. The replacement doesn’t work so now I’m looking for some type of manual for my 05 SS/SC to buy the correct harness...
  15. andyseavers

Fuel Pump Module Interchangibility

Did you ever find a better option for this? I have an 05 with the same harness and am trying to figure out what to do.