Recent content by ARabidNull

1. ARabidNull

Ian's 06 SS/SC Extended Track/City/Drag/Motocross/Whatever Goblin #359

Finally, I had the frame powder coated, and Lonnie sent me my wiring harness back, so now I have no excuses. If you're in the North Austin or Round Rock, TX, area, I recommend Diamond Powder Coating. It costs $2k and was done in just over a week, and I just showed up without an appointment.
  2. ARabidNull

I just verified with Lonny, and I must not have remembered correctly. I have everything I need. Tomorrow, I send the wires off. The goal for this week is to get at least my frame scheduled for powder coating and begin the part cleanup. Is it worth getting more than the frame powder coated...
  3. ARabidNull

I'm packaging up my wiring harness to send to Lonny, and I have only one question: What does the supercharger harness look like? If I remember correctly, I must include that in the rework shipment.
  4. ARabidNull

I'm a software developer so I'm just trying to provide information to debug the issue. Thank you for the follow-up, I really appreciate it!
  5. ARabidNull

I just got off the phone with Lonny and got put into the queue for the wiring harness work. I called the 469-552-9366 number on the website. Here's my phone call history; these are the dates/times I called (CST) in case you need more info: Today, 11/3 @ 12:36 pm - a message said the number...
  6. ARabidNull

I called several days ago and left a message. I just tried again, and the number is disconnected again. I don't know what is happening at DFKitCar I haven't made any physical progress on my Goblin this week, but I've been setting up powder coating and finding places to recycle donor parts...
  7. ARabidNull

I tried again tonight, knowing they were closed, to verify. I don't know what the hiccup was, but I got to voicemail. Tomorrow: see if I can get DFKitCar to handle my wiring harness.
  8. ARabidNull

I tried calling the number on the website, 469-552-9366, and all I got was, "This line is no longer in service." @Lonny is this the correct number?
  9. ARabidNull

Yeah, you just verified my gut feeling about painting. I'll have to find someone in the Austin area that can powder coat the frame.
  10. ARabidNull

I'm pretty sure I pulled the parking break, but I'll double-check. I didn't grab the fuel line, so I'll put that on the to-do list. Thank you, I was looking at having all the parts taken away all at once, but I think I'll just start making a dump/scrap run each week to avoid the title issue...
  11. ARabidNull

This week I addressed some of the problems I listed earlier. This ended up being not much of a problem. Yes, I have a jumble of bolts, but the feedback is that it doesn't matter. This isn't a problem, it's more of a decision. Do I paint the frame myself, or do I get it powdercoated? I'm...
  12. ARabidNull

No rush. Honestly, there's no reason to help until I've made sure I have all of the donor parts and I've prepped all of the parts.
  13. ARabidNull

Alas, I do know how fickle Troubadours can be. However, it is cause for celebration when they bless your hall with their presence. I shall inform the guards (our dogs) to let you pass if you travel through my domain.
  14. ARabidNull

You guys are awesome. Help would be appreciated and paid back in food and beer.
  15. ARabidNull

BRZ Daily and Miata track car

I'm a member at Harris Hill Raceway, and I've brought both cars there. I can drive a manual daily, but I'm still learning to heel-toe. When I get frustrated with the manual, I take the BRZ, but I try to take the Miata most of the time to reduce wear on my daily driver.