Recent content by averageJOEschmo

1. averageJOEschmo

How long runs your cooling fan after the engine is off?

Depending on where you wired it from, it may be caused by being powered by a circuit that stays hot for a few minutes after the car shuts off.
  2. averageJOEschmo

Can't get CV Axle back in

Thanks guys, I'll give these a try.
  3. averageJOEschmo

Can't get CV Axle back in

I'm stuck trying to get my CV shaft back into the transmission. Similar to what Sluggonaut faced (http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sluggonauts-extended-track-364-2007-ss-sc-turbo-donor.3140/post-73055), I'm stuck in no man's land, where it won't go in any further but I can't get it...
  4. averageJOEschmo

Joe's All Terrain #396 - 06 2.4L SS/NA Auto

First start was a success!!! Everything appears to be working well so far. Now on to the suspension and brakes....
  5. averageJOEschmo

Feel free to use the design, just be aware I'm a novice and this is still in process so use at your own risk...:D I used .125" 7075 Aluminum for the base plate and .118" Clear-polycarbonate for the face. Both were done by sendcutsend.com as recommended elsewhere in the forum. The rings were 3D...
  6. averageJOEschmo

Progress has been slow as of late but did complete a few big tasks. Got the subframe installed. It was not easy to get all the holes to line up between the goblin frame and subframe and solid transmission mounts. Used some ratcheting tie-downs and a hydraulic ram to move things around enough...
  7. averageJOEschmo

Subframe Bolts

The tap arrived and worked perfectly. The subframe is installed and ready to move on to the next step. Thanks @Goblinfanclub1234 for all your help. If anyone else needs to do the same I'd be willing to send them the tap. Can't imagine I will ever use it again...
  8. averageJOEschmo

Subframe Bolts

Wow, way better! No need to apologize, Thank you for all the help! That looks perfect.
  9. averageJOEschmo

Subframe Bolts

Where did you get the chaser tool? My initial searches are showing tools that don't seem like they will be able to get deep enough.
  10. averageJOEschmo

Subframe Bolts

I searched the forum but didn't have luck find an answer. I need to chase the threads that are inside the rear tubes of the frame where the donor control arms and subframe is attached. Can anyone tell me the thread size for the M14 bolt?
  11. averageJOEschmo

That is the old video and although helpful to supplement your work and use for reference, you should use the new videos. They are much more clear and easier to understand. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Vhsi8HpJ_4IhKgJp8agH0c_eMBMp1Ce
  12. averageJOEschmo

The wiring harness was difficult and really intimidating but if you take your time you can get thru it. My suggested tips: 1) Watch all the videos and take notes and wall through the steps before actually cutting wires out. 2) Watch the old archived videos too as sometimes they have different...
  13. averageJOEschmo

Radiator Fan Wires

Thanks, I'm not going through the frame as my radiator is on the back but this answers my question.
  14. averageJOEschmo

Radiator Fan Wires

This is great info guys. So the next question is what direction does the fluid flow through the engine? Hot out the top?