Recent content by barichuk

1. B

Insurance Questions

My insurance provider will only give liability and not comprehensive on my Goblin. I contacted Hagerty who said they don't cover this kind of car. I tried to convince them that they already have covered Goblins, but they wouldn't listen. Anyone have any good alternatives?
  2. B

Insurance Qjestions

My insurance provider covers my other three cars, and will only provide liability but no comprehensive. I contacted Hagerty and they said they don't do this kind of car. Tried to tell them they already have, but they weren't convinced. Anyone have any good alternatives?
  3. B

Anyone in Nashville area?

In Chattanooga, very close to getting it on the road. I will let you know when it is up and driving
  4. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Ohms x10 on the meter- one side of the fuse plug reads about 70 and the other side doesn't register at all.
  5. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Fuse is good, and I get 12 volts to the fuse plug. I'm getting 5-6 volts from the coil connector. Is there a way to check the coil itself?
  6. B

Ready to start, but. . .

The coils tie in to the engine harness with no connectors. Pictures are the wires from the coils, left to right. The colors are: 1 black, brown, green/white, and tan/black. 2 black, brown, blue, and white/black. 3 black, brown, yellow/white, and tan/black 4 black, brown, blue, and white/black
  7. B

Ready to start, but. . .

That's possible, but I didn't unplug anything when I pulled the engine. Where would I check for that?
  8. B

Ready to start, but. . .

The butterfly responds to the throttle pedal. The engine cranks but doesn't start. I tested a plug and it is not firing. Still getting the first three codes, but the P0463 fuel code doesn't come back. Good pressure to the fuel rail. One question; on the front right of the valve cover is...
  9. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Do I need an ignition module? I didn't take one off the donor. I am getting no spark to the plugs. The engine sat with no hood for a few years and the ends of a couple of coils look rusty/dirty, but I wouldn't think all four would go bad. Thoughts?
  10. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Can I erase the P0463 code, without it coming back, or alternatively is there a repair/replace that will fix it?
  11. B

Ready to start, but. . .

So that is the body/engine connection! Each end ties into one of the harnesses.
  12. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Is the valve cover a good enough ground to check spark plugs?
  13. B

Ready to start, but. . .

Oooh! I cleared the codes, the emission codes came back, but the fuel level code did not, and the butterfly is opening now! Progress!!! When I checked previously, I had no spark to the plugs. I am going to recheck that.
  14. B

Ready to start, but. . .

I ran a scan with a small OBD and got the following codes: P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction P0452 Evaporative Emission Coltrol System Pressure Sensor Low Input P0463 Fuel Level...
  15. B

Ready to start, but. . .

CTU, in response to your question and picture, the connector on my car is a 4-pin. The female side has black (or dark brown), light green, tan, and tan/black. The male has corresponding colors that match to the correct pins. Is this the connector you are talking about? I see no 5-pin plugs...