Recent content by cptcrusty1

1. C

Totally Noob question as I do research.

I looked at IAA and found lots and lots of cobalt SS's for less than $2k,, some $1500 estimated value. They all have close to 200k miles so that's a very tired engine and SC. I'd definitely want to source a reman power pack.
  2. C

Totally Noob question as I do research.

Hi y'all; I'm in Richmond, TX and I'm going to be wrapping up a totally awesome '74 baja build that has turned out great. I'm thinking about making some room in the hangar (garage) and selling my baja, as well as my belove Honda Goldwing. This would provide me (I think) with more than enough...
  3. C

What if buying a donar car isn't gonna work?

I have to figure out how to get it past the wife without having to sell the goldwing... I wonder if the offroad version is, or can still be, street legal... me likes the idea of getting it really really dirty....
  4. C

YES!!! Well.. Sorta. I'm in Richmond down by Cinco. I could (almost) throw a rock at the Gallery furniture. I"m a bit of a biker snob (amongst other snob topics). My wife thinks I can't make this happen... so..... she gave me permission :D "Too much stuff in the garage" she says...
  5. C

I'm a pretty hard-core biker... Yes, I ride the cadillac of motorcycles, but I ride year round in Houston. I call it my wind therapy. When I wasn't working from home, I was commuting 45 min (35 miles) each way. I put 10-12k miles on a bike per year. My last Goldwing had 135k on it when I...
  6. C

Answered part of my own question... since I"m screwing around here and not working......... I found a Thread and the guy is HERE IN HOUSTON!!! wow... Learning learning......
  7. C

Tent - No... HOA gestapo has x-ray vision Friend's garage - No, friend is seperated, wife is in the house...grrrr backyard? - No, wife could hurt me. It's apparent I need to make space in the garage, the question would be how much. I currently have two workbenches in there for all my RC...
  8. C

I live in a neighborhood with vicious HOA goons roaming around. If I were to put a slowing disintegrating donor vehicle in my driveway, I'd get nasty letters from neighbors and HOA alike. In Houston there are a few salvage yards so I could probably source the parts that way... Any ideas?